• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Viper/AC 7000 recall

Loose clamps on the radiator hoses, now on the fuel lamp clamps. Jeez, you'd think those nuts in Minnesota put these sleds together!!!!

Hey watch it us Minnesnowdens take offense to that!!!! besides I think they employ illegal aliens (Canadiens) to build these things up there in the Thief River. Besides I think it is a metric to SAE conversion problem on the Torque Wrench :mad:

Mine was the first viper to have this fuel line pop off and the worst part it sprays right on the muffler !! (Just look at the sticky it was my sled last year after 150 miles ) Just take it to the dealer guys!!!! this way you can have piece of mind because it's there problem if they do the repair but mostly they will just look and pull on all connection point and make sure the clamp has been clamped !! It was scary ! Smoke then flash thermal event. BUT Yamaha was super quick to stand behind everything and even replaced all the cloth since the wife took a gas bath.

Just got my letter today. Anyone else?

It's good to know things are being dealt with.

Just got my letter today. Anyone else?

It's good to know things are being dealt with.

Ya i got mine on saturday but i will not be bringing my sled in for service until hot start reflash is issued.
Im not running the sled any time soon and it makes much more sense for me to bring it in 1 time vs 2

My hot start issue is fairly infrequent and something I can live with. It's mostly just embarrassing when I'm with other riders and I have a brand new sled that won't fire right up. Especially people with the same basic engine in their legacy Yamaha's can't understand it.

Anyway, I will probably wait to hear how others are doing after the reflash before letting the dealer do mine.

I still need the reverse update and some other little minor stuff taken care of.

Just letting everyone know.. not every sled is affected and it's an inspection first and for most.. had mine inspected at all locations both at the fuel filter and at the fuel pump. Mine passed and didn't need new clamps. My dealer said it's the CATS that they are seeing more of with the issue. Took my dealer about an hour to do as I waited for them to do the inspection. If it fails they may have to order clamps. (If they don't have any instock)!! Just a heads up!

Its not the clamps it is the fuel line being to short and not fitting over the barb. I have the fix bulletin if anybody wants to see it. Mine is for the cat but same difference…

Dropped mine off they said mine will probably be fine but will double check it

Dealer recieved the back ordered fuel hose and it was put in this week. Top is my hose that failed the inspection bottom is new hose.
image.jpg

Back