• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New viper program flash from Yamaha

OPS2147

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 APEX RTX(sold)
2014 Viper LTX SE (wrecked)
2016 Viper LTX SE (MPS SYSTEM)
2018 Sidewinder LTX LE 50th !
I was at the dealer the other day and the tech mentioned Yamaha has taken over the programming for the newest ecu flash. He said it is suppose to bring the engine alive. Has anyone heard anything ?

We have been hearing that or similar ever since the actual reflash. How I wish it were true! Even if it is nobody has explained why the original reflash and the one sleds came with before was not consistant from one sled to another. To address all concerns I would like a new ECU with flash already in it. Preferably Mitsubishi. Sorry to rain on your parade but it's a ridiculous situation.

Maybe Yamaha should pay evo to reflash all the ecu's.

Although I never had any issues with my 15 viper.

I asked my dealer last week.They didn't know of any but they wouldn't,theyre pretty clueless anyways.I would love to hear that it was coming though.

Although I never had any issues with my 15 viper.
I never had any issues with my 14 yet my buddy did. Terrible hot starter. As for the reflash it fixed my buddies,did nothing for mine other then rougher idle and NosPros it made almost undriveable at slow speed. All flashed at same dealer same way. Hard to trust another flash with those results. But all it would take is for Yamaha to say the inconsistancies have also been addressed.

I really hope that they do something but I hope its not to little too late. Lots of talk about the starter/gear failure and engine damage that has already hurt Yamaha engine reliability reputation. Engine should never backfire on startup, ever!

My dealer did a reflash last year on my wife 2014 viper and would not start sometime when hot had to replace the stater,
Had to replaced the spark plug they told me it was to lean..
Maybe it's because a have MBRP exhaust/ headers with cold air intake and PC5 with ULmer s programme on it ...?

My viper has a hard time starting even after the reflash sucks when your the only Yamaha guy in the group trying to give them a good name and reliable

I wonder if one could buy said control unit and have it modified to work. Or if you had a 16 would it work ?

I wonder if one could buy said control unit and have it modified to work. Or if you had a 16 would it work ?
Havent heard of a 16.5 or 16 with a issue so doesnt seem to be a need on those. The 14's and 15's may plug in and work but those ECU's are very expensive. Its Yamahas problem or should be. Not ours.

No O2 sensor in 17's either. Haven't had a chance to look at ECU in one yet. Maybe it's a Mitsubishi?
When I had the hood off to install my HID's I tried to find the ECU and for the life of me I couldn't see it. But I'm not really familiar with the layout of the Vipers yet. Can you not see it with hood and sides off? I know you said take left swaybar boot off but didn't want to tear into that at the time.

Back