• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New viper program flash from Yamaha

If you are talking the Factory reflash then not unless your dealer was willing to install your ecu in a sled they have. Very time consuming/costly. If you are talking Hurricane they use a Power Commander to tune. So sending ecu to them would not be needed.

Ok, so that ecu has to be on the sled to be reflashed.

2 more questions.
1. Can the dealer take a laptop to your trailer and do the reflash?
2. How long does it take?

Just asking because we have a unique situation...we trailer 15 hours to ride, we have 3 vipers and would like to get them flashed on the way up to the next ride when it comes available.

Ok, so that ecu has to be on the sled to be reflashed.

2 more questions.
1. Can the dealer take a laptop to your trailer and do the reflash?
2. How long does it take?

Just asking because we have a unique situation...we trailer 15 hours to ride, we have 3 vipers and would like to get them flashed on the way up to the next ride when it comes available.
Mine could if weather was good. They need a internet connection and Laptop should be plugged into 120v outlet to ensure no power loss. I would also recommend a hard wired internet connection. Anything to avoid corruption chances while downloading. Do you have issues with any of the sleds? If not dont do the Yamaha reflash on them. Not needed and it has caused issues with some.

Mine could if weather was good. They need a internet connection and Laptop should be plugged into 120v outlet to ensure no power loss. I would also recommend a hard wired internet connection. Anything to avoid corruption chances while downloading. Do you have issues with any of the sleds? If not dont do the Yamaha reflash on them. Not needed and it has caused issues with some.
I'm glad you said that. Why change a good thing.

No issues...however sleds only have 300 miles each. Just hoping new flash will eliminate any possible starter issues.

No issues...however sleds only have 300 miles each. Just hoping new flash will eliminate any possible starter issues.
No guarantee anyone's flash will solve starter issue completely. Starter issue can be traced to magnets coming unglued and even weak battery which results in kick back, kick back breaks starter nose cone or teeth on gear. In any event, if magnets come loose or nose cone breaks, or teeth break, days are numbered for that starter. Best bet is to get it in and fixed as soon as you hear any grinding, crunching, or other odd noise during starting. Those that I have seen fail all made unmistakable odd noises that last few rides before they failed completely.

Last edited:

Back