• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New viper program flash from Yamaha

But did you notice how it #*$&@ off on me :( still trying to figure that out, if I hit it full throttle it dies

my 16 will die sometimes if I peg the throttle real fast even after its warmed up. Although it might be the older gas that's in it as well haven't tested it on the trail with new gas yet

my 16 will die sometimes if I peg the throttle real fast even after its warmed up. Although it might be the older gas that's in it as well haven't tested it on the trail with new gas yet
Hopefully it's just old gas or something simple just bought the sled only put 100km on it

One idles like a top now with the hurricane 190. Before flash it was like a top fuel. The starter gear blew out after the new flash. It kicked back when it wouldn't start and bam. If that happens out of warranty be the last Yamaha I ever buy

Everyone needs to remember these sleds hate being started and not driven a bunch.

My 16 will foul plugs. Also I find my sled kicks back sometime. It's not real violent but it stops turning for a second. I just keep the key ahead.

Best pic I could get. Cant see cat label.

Attachments

• IMG_20160930_163754789.jpg
    IMG_20160930_163754789.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 140
Personally for me, i think this is terrible news.
I know a ton of guys need help with the ecu programming and i am happy to hear they will get it.
But for me, i dumped 600 into the evo reflash to try and get this sled running, idleing, and starting properly.
It is looking more and more like that might be wasted money.
If yamaha would just acknowledge and address issues in a timely manner crap like this could be avoided.
This is such a disapointment.
Did evo solve all your problems?

I can confirm it is a cat ECU. It is aluminum, and has a arctic cat label. It also has "continental" and synnerject" written on it.
Thanks for checking! I agree the Mitshubishi would have been nice to find but it is just a ecu. It's the programming that counts most.

Same #*$&@ made by continental

Hardware from Continental is not the problem. It's the programming of the software. My dealer said that people from Yamaha are involved in the new flash. The -17 Viper have already the new flash so we hope it work....

A sound clip when starting -17 would be great ;)!

Hardware from Continental is not the problem. It's the programming of the software. My dealer said that people from Yamaha are involved in the new flash. The -17 Viper have already the new flash so we hope it work....

A sound clip when starting -17 would be great ;)!
I should have recorded one morning last year , -35 my viper was the only one to start , 4 skidoos and 2 apex.

I should have recorded one morning last year , -35 my viper was the only one to start , 4 skidoos and 2 apex.

I'm not so good in english but I mean a sound of starting a 17 Viper with the new ecu flash. I hope no kick back.. ;)!

Did evo solve all your problems?

Honestly i have no idea.
I had it flashed this past May and the sled has not seen snow yet.
I can tell you that it definately starts way way better now then it ever has. Once the key is turned, it starts.
Also it still hunts a little at idle but not nearly as bad as before.
Before the flash it was all over the place . It would fluctuate almost 300-400 rpm at times. Incredibly inconsistent idleing. Right now it will bounce around 100-150 rpm. Just enough to notice, but not enough to get concerned about.
To be honest, just the starting and ideling issues being resolved are worth the money to me.
The increased rpm for ease of clutching and boot in hp are just icing on the cake.
I will make a point to post a review after i get to ride it, but i am sure i will be happy.

Back