• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New wider ski

backwoodsman

Has anyone got the chance to ride and do a direct comparison between the old and new factory ski?
I have a set of Simmons genII that are awesome at speed but don't fit my needs. I spend lots of time picking my way threw log filled swamps and other really slow moving odd places and the genII is not meant to go slow. Lol The tip of the genII is not large enough it lift it at slow speeds breaking trail. I'm hoping the the new, wider ski will be more of what I'm looking for.

I sold a 2007 VK last year. If I still had it that is 1 thing I would change is the skiis--I'D go with same as the 2013. This would keep front end up nice.

backwoodsman said:
Has anyone got the chance to ride and do a direct comparison between the old and new factory ski?
I have a set of Simmons genII that are awesome at speed but don't fit my needs. I spend lots of time picking my way threw log filled swamps and other really slow moving odd places and the genII is not meant to go slow. Lol The tip of the genII is not large enough it lift it at slow speeds breaking trail. I'm hoping the the new, wider ski will be more of what I'm looking for.

Which saddles are installed on your Gen IIs? I have a pair and would like to put them on the Pro but they really don't bolt up well. Could you post a close-up photo, please?

Thanks!

New skis don't turn as well as the Gen 2 but float a little better. They are lighter and seem to be tough so far. I choked the limiters down on the front pilot this week to get more ski pressure and it's helping. You still can't beat the Gen 2 ' s four keels for turning in tight areas. Overall I think I prefer the new ones for all around use. Less effort on tight twisty trails and less drag at speed.

Joner, could you please add your location as per site rules. Thank you.

So no pictures? Did you guys really do the Gen II installations? At least tell what you did for the damping rubbers since the stock Pro rubbers are too big to fit under the spindle with the Simmons skis. At least with the V3 saddles Simmons supplied with these skis. What did you do to adapt the skis to the Pro? Different rubbers? Different saddles?

I'm not sure which saddles I had. I specified that it was for the vk pro when I ordered them and I did have a problem bolting the right up with the stock rubber. I ended up leaving the rubber out because I preferred the way it handled.

The simmons brackets are YAM-V4 for the VK Pro.

Attachments

• ski2.jpg
    ski2.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 104
  • ski1.jpg
    ski1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 110

Back