• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Newbie!

Welcome! ;)!

:rules

You will find that your sled will just run & run, without serious worry of it going BOOM!
That alone has incredible value, in addition to all the help here!

:rocks:

i would advise you to try the stock skis out first and spend a little time tweaking with the suspension before dropping $400 on a set of aftermarket ones. YOU might find that they arent as bad as what most are saying.

chevmal67 said:
i would advise you to try the stock skis out first and spend a little time tweaking with the suspension before dropping $400 on a set of aftermarket ones. YOU might find that they arent as bad as what most are saying.

Im with ya on this one. I have 6k on my 08 and still have the stock skis. I run either 8 or 10 in carbides on them and they were great. Sled goes wherever the skis are pointed.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. I think I will definitely give the stock skis a try first, no harm in that, and a lot of extra cash in my pocket if I like them. :rocks:

One small thing and this will sound stupid but important.
Never let your battery die.
There is no pull cord....!!
Enjoy.

kjc63 said:
Thanks for the welcomes everyone. I think I will definitely give the stock skis a try first, no harm in that, and a lot of extra cash in my pocket if I like them. :rocks:

Hey Kevin,I stopped into Sunnyside yesturday and saw your accessory list for your Nytro.....pretty impressive.......lol

I thought I spent a bundle of money on my Nytro. Not sure how tall you are, but I added a 2" riser to my sled this year....huge differance. Your gonna find this sled likes to be riddin on the nasty stuff better then on smooth trails. It'll tame the moguled out trails around Byrncliff on the weekends with no problems. Matt told me how much of a diehard Doo guy you were, til last season. A dealership can really make or break a sled sale. The Doo dealer in LeRoy is a serious butthole and wouldn't spend a nickle in his gumball machine. I had a serious $1200 mishape last year where I bent my subframe and ruined a few other things. I took my sled to Sunnyside to be repaired on tuesday and I swear to god I was back out riding by 5:00 on friday. They really went out of their way to keep me happy and I'll return the favor when I buy my next sled from them (maybe next year). My buddy and I usually head up to Tug Hill as soon as their trails open in early december. your welcome to come along and get the feel for your sled. We like to tinker and adjust our sleds before any serious riding starts.

You will indeed love that thing.... i have an 08, which was the first sled i ever owned, but coming from a quad MX background, it was definately the right choice....... The stock skis/carbides do in fact suck, if u dont have the coin to get new skis, get some dual runners, itll help turn for sure. I just bought a set of Curves for mine and cant wait to hit the Hill.

Many of the members use the Bergstrom Tripple point carbides with awsome luck, just be sure to flip your ski rubber around and shim beneath the rubber. Pm me if you'd like more info, but there's plenty of info about that here if you do a search also.

Checking up on me ha Snowman?? LOL. Yeah, I tend to get a bit excited when I buy a new sled....I like to make them look a bit different, make it my own. I usually go with a lot of aftermarket stuff, but I went with the yammi stuff because Matt gave me smokin deals! I will look into the 2" riser. I am 5'9". You? I am very happy to have a dealership that is literally right around the corner, and one that treats me the way they doo...oops, can't say it that way anymore! Matt drives right past my house on his way home from work, and surprised me last night with a new spare belt last night...no charge. Can't beat that kinda service.
Thanks Nate, I may be asking you more about the Bergstrom's. I am sure they are a lot cheaper than new ski's and if they are a major improvement, that's where I might have to start.
Thanks again everyone. All your help makes me even more certain I made the right choice!
Kevin :rocks:

2lo4dsno. Thanks for the reply. Hope those skis work out for you, I'll be looking for you report on them! Also: " 1979 Wife" is too funny!! LOL!!!! Mine is a bit older, she would kill me if I put that on here......and somehow she would find out! Take care man.

If you go with the Bergstrom carbides, order them NOW, else you'll be ticked off when they don't show up for a month...also be prepared to have your ear talked off.

kjc63 said:
Checking up on me ha Snowman?? LOL. Yeah, I tend to get a bit excited when I buy a new sled....I like to make them look a bit different, make it my own. I usually go with a lot of aftermarket stuff, but I went with the yammi stuff because Matt gave me smokin deals! I will look into the 2" riser. I am 5'9". You? I am very happy to have a dealership that is literally right around the corner, and one that treats me the way they doo...oops, can't say it that way anymore! Matt drives right past my house on his way home from work, and surprised me last night with a new spare belt last night...no charge. Can't beat that kinda service.
Thanks Nate, I may be asking you more about the Bergstrom's. I am sure they are a lot cheaper than new ski's and if they are a major improvement, that's where I might have to start.
Thanks again everyone. All your help makes me even more certain I made the right choice!

Well Kevin, thats what we get for living in a small community.....lol I bet Matt will tell you about my Nytro dunking incident.

I'm 6' so maybe the stock bar height will suit you fine. I rode 2 years on my Nytro at stock height just fine, with a slight hunch when standing up. With the 2" riser it take the slight hunch out of my back. Once snow flies we'll hook up and ride. My buddy and I are always going up to the Hill to ride when our snow at home is shitty or gone. Your more then welcome to go up with us.

Snowman07 said:
Well Kevin, thats what we get for living in a small community.....lol I bet Matt will tell you about my Nytro dunking incident.

I'm 6' so maybe the stock bar height will suit you fine. I rode 2 years on my Nytro at stock height just fine, with a slight hunch when standing up. With the 2" riser it take the slight hunch out of my back. Once snow flies we'll hook up and ride. My buddy and I are always going up to the Hill to ride when our snow at home is shitty or gone. Your more then welcome to go up with us.
Ill be sure to ask him about that! It sounds like the stock height might suit me just fine. I appreciate the invite, I may have to take you up on it!

Back