• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NLVMAX'S Nytro SE Garage: Mod Update

I haven't experienced any stress or trouble on the tunnel ext with the hitch. Have to add that I don't pull huge weight, mostly cabin supplies and occasional sleigh of fire wood. Also, haven't logged much time using it. I don't expect it to be a problem though.

The Intense track added much better performance for me than the stock. I currently have the Backcountry installed.

I will update more mods soon. Have been very busy with the addition of our new baby girl.

NLVMAX said:
I haven't experienced any stress or trouble on the tunnel ext with the hitch. Have to add that I don't pull huge weight, mostly cabin supplies and occasional sleigh of fire wood. Also, haven't logged much time using it. I don't expect it to be a problem though.

The Intense track added much better performance for me than the stock. I currently have the Backcountry installed.

I will update more mods soon. Have been very busy with the addition of our new baby girl.

Congratulations! I also look forward to seeing more updates from you, very informative and has helped me out with a few things...

Congrats on the new baby Girl! I also had a baby girl back in june. I am trying to justify some mods to my sled including extension. Hope I can get some time on the sled this winter. New child equals a lot less free time, compared to what I am used to. Looking forward to your new posts and upgrades.

Congrats, kids do take up your free time. But in a good way. Mines 12 now and we have been riding together for 6 years now. She loves it.
Looking forward to more updates.

Thanks guys. Just wanted to update my thread with this mod I installed. I know a lot of people have already done this and had great success but just wanted to post it up anyway. Really looking forward to testing this out.

OFT Steering Relocator Kit
Machined from billet aluminum and 100% Oilite
Kit includes new UPPER AND LOWER bushings that will replace the wear prone OEM plastic bushings.

This is a fairly easy install and the instructions are well written for everyone. All you need is somewhere warm and a few tools and your set.

Here is the link for reference
http://OftRacing.com/Sled%20Products/Re ... ocator.pdf

IMG_0356.jpg

Here are a few pics from my install:

Had to remove this Rad bracket so I could unplug the ignition switch connector.

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0351-1.jpg

Trimming upper bearing retainer assembly. I used a zip cut. Worked good and filed off edges.

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

Pic of the new steering block on bottom and Olite bushing.

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

This is a top notch product, can't wait to test it out.

SWAY BAR REMOVAL ON NYTRO

SWAY BAR REMOVAL ON NYTRO

Here is a pic of sway bar removed. All you need is a 5mm Allen Wrench to revome (4) Button Head Bolts. They don't come out easy so have some patience.
IMG_0817.jpg

First begin by removing all the side panels and skid plate. This removal doesn't involve removing subframe.

Disconnect stabilizer joint from lower arm and let sway bar hang down

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

I didn't remove the rubber boots or any rivets around steering rods just bend them out of the way to reveal the bolt on top that needs to be removed. This pressure is minimal and doesn't hurt.
IMG_0788.jpg

Now the fun part. I ended up cutting my allen wrench to make it maybe a 3/16-1/4" shorter so it would fit on the bolt. There really isn't much room here. Time to add some heat. I think it is a must to remove these bolts because they are on tight. Make sure the allen wrench is well seated. I used a small diameter pipe on the end of the wrench to help crank it.

IMG_0802.jpg

Now we're in business. The top bolts are hardest to come out due to the lack of room. Bottom comes much easier but still need heat. Didn't even melt the plastic bushings so this can all be re-installed if need be. Store on shelf all bolts, bushings, bar and stabilizer holders just in case.

IMG_0811.jpg

Bottom bolt. Careful not to melt any plastic.

IMG_0814.jpg

There we go all done. Well still have some work to do. Looking forward to the first ride without a sway bar.

IMG_0822-1.jpg

YAMAHEATER

Next Mod, " Warm Hands" and like many others I went with

YAMAHEATER PLUG AND PLAY

After you install this you will wish you did it earlier. I know I do.

Very easy install and simple instructions to follow. Take your time and little over an hour and your done.

Here's a quick link.
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=67236
Mounted on left hand side of sled.

IMG_0535.jpg

All you have to do is locate a few connectors under the rubber boots on the right and left of sled. A couple connectors go to the grip connectors, one to ECU and a couple to brake controller. Power comes from the brake connector.

Right side
IMG_0551.jpg

Left
IMG_0548.jpg

Ground wire

IMG_0543.jpg

Two holes drilled to install Led and mode switch.

IMG_0572.jpg

Initial thought was wow, haven't felt this kind of heat yet. Nice and warm in

less than a minute. Thanks for the toasty hands Rockmeister

MY NEXT MOD SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE AWHILE BACK!

JUST WAITING FOR MR COURIER TO BRING MY SKIS!

I love this whole thread! Quality through out, and like the instructions you SHOULD get when you buy something. Not saying these vendors do or don't, just this is the way to do it. Nice job as usual ;)!

NLVMAX said:

Now that you must of tried the Backcountry, would you install a 136 Intense the next time around or would you go BC again? My OFT 136 is on it's way home and I have to order a new track this week. I will be rinding 70% trail.

Thanks fo the info.

shockwave said:
NLVMAX said:

Now that you must of tried the Backcountry, would you install a 136 Intense the next time around or would you go BC again? My OFT 136 is on it's way home and I have to order a new track this week. I will be rinding 70% trail.

Thanks fo the info.

Let us know what you think of the OFT 136.

Intense is a sweet track does great on and off trail. Nice all round track. Depends on what you are looking for. You lose a bit of top end with these tracks but not a big deal for me but is for some. I want the lower and mid. Intense has softer lugs and I did tear a couple first year.

Personally I love the Backcountry. I am happy I went with the taller lug beause I tend to go off trail a lot. Just wanted a little more.

I find the 1.75 bites harder on trail and is better in loose snow. Performs great in the rough stuff. This track shines for hill climbing/ breaking trails/ditches and it hooks up hard on the trail(think I already mentioned that) so hope this answers your question. The lugs are a little thicker and stiffer so it should hold up better.

Sorry if I confused you more. It is Friday night. LOL. Whatever you go with let us know.

NLVMAX said:
Let us know what you think of the OFT 136.

Intense is a sweet track does great on and off trail. Nice all round track. Depends on what you are looking for. You lose a bit of top end with these tracks but not a big deal for me but is for some. I want the lower and mid. Intense has softer lugs and I did tear a couple first year.

Personally I love the Backcountry. I am happy I went with the taller lug beause I tend to go off trail a lot. Just wanted a little more.

I find the 1.75 bites harder on trail and is better in loose snow. Performs great in the rough stuff. This track shines for hill climbing/ breaking trails/ditches and it hooks up hard on the trail(think I already mentioned that) so hope this answers your question. The lugs are a little thicker and stiffer so it should hold up better.

Sorry if I confused you more. It is Friday night. LOL. Whatever you go with let us know.

I was looking at the intense because it seems like a better aggressive trail track that could go off trail and that I would not have to remove all of the tunnel protector. But, I see why every body are going towards the BC track. It seems even better on trail then the Intense. Today, one shop also told me the same about the Intense tearing issue. Looks like I will be working a title harder that I wanted too. Lol

Thanks a lot, you got me sold out on the BC.

Keep your tread going’ it is great.

I just spent close to an hour catching up on this thread, amazes me every time I read more!!

Couple of questions about the sway bar removal, what are your findings? How does it handle for trail riding? What was your reason for removing it?

Keep the posts and pics coming, love this thread!

No reports yet due to lack of snow.

I mainly did it for off-trail/powder use. I love to go off tail and hill climbing. Removing the swaybar allows the front end to act independently which should make the sled easier to handle and better in the bumps. Hopefully it can boondock(carve) better and side hill better. I could carve much better with my VMAX.

According to reports it is better on rough trails.

As for ripping through a groomed trail I would think it would be better to leave the swaybar where it is.

Will update soon hopefully.

Hats off to you for all the work you are doing, but maybe even more so, for ALL the work you are doing to recording and sharing everything. Awesome!!

Back