• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NLVMAX'S Nytro SE Garage: Mod Update

Holy Jumpin!!!! I've never seen any one rip a track like that before. What kind of rock did ya ride over. Must of been very sharp.

Fragile front End

Guess this was just a matter of time! Bent my Lower A-arm on the right side. I assume the bulk head is bent as well.
This happened at low speed on a woods road with a foot and a half of snow. I felt a small jolt but didn't think anything of it because it didn't feel like anything. I asume my right ski skimmed over a rock.

When we stopped I noticed this:

IMG_6120.jpg

This is the left side which is still ok for now:

IMG_6119.jpg

WOW that's hard luck! too bad. I wouldn't rule the bulk head trashed just yet. I hit a rock last winter, and after I stripped everything apart I found my bulk head was fine, I did replace it because I ordered a new one but I could have easily left it in. It only had a wrinkle in the bottom plate where the hole is.

018.jpg

0312.jpg

0332.jpg

I did notice(felt) a small wrinkle in the plate. It seems very minor. I guess I will find out soon. Took it to my dealer so it could at least be documented. I haven't received a response yet. Don't expect any positive feedback.

Hey radianguy, Tough luck on yours. I would of thought your subframe would of been toast. Did you do any damage to your spindle?

NLVMAX said:
HITCH INSTALL

I bought this from Wiseman's Sales and Service in Clarenville. My dealer in St. John's told me the hitch for my machine wasn't released yet. Good thing you don't listen to every thing you hear. Thanks to TY member Coyote who posted he had one installed last year on his 08 Nytro. ;)! This hitch will prove quite useful for my trip in March to the Cabin. Very easy to install.

IMG_4891.jpg

Remove 4 bolts that secure the stock bumper.
IMG_4892.jpg

Install new Tow bumper using the same bolts just taken out. Use Loctite on bolts and tighten.
IMG_4897.jpg

Now, use the 4 1/4" holes as a guide to drill through rear plate.
IMG_4903.jpg

I put the tunnel re enforcement plate under and marked a line where it had to be placed. There are some rivets to drill out. 6 in total.
IMG_4906.jpg

IMG_4910.jpg

Put plate under and bolt on using the supplied hardware. Drill the six holes in re enforcement plate and get ready to rivet. I used heavy duty rivets, 5/8 head.
IMG_4915.jpg

IMG_4917.jpg

IMG_4923.jpg

Before

IMG_4884.jpg

After.

IMG_4918.jpg

Now my Nytro can tow! :jump:

I installed the same hitch on my RTX this past weekend. I was at the cabin, and had assumed it would bolt up. I didn't have my drill or rivet gun. Now that I am back home I would like to complete the install properly.

I assume the rivets you used were 1/4" diameter 5/8" head HD ? Just want to make sure I grab the correct rivets for this project. Thanks!

You have really kept the sled up. Nice looking machine. And yes, those windshield bags are awesome. I have a Snow Claw that sits between the bag and windshield so I dont have to carry a shovel anymore. You dont even know its there, but man when youre stuck it is nice to have. MS

I did notice(felt) a small wrinkle in the plate. It seems very minor. I guess I will find out soon. Took it to my dealer so it could at least be documented. I haven't received a response yet. Don't expect any positive feedback.

Hey radianguy, Tough luck on yours. I would of thought your subframe would of been toast. Did you do any damage to your spindle?
Sorry for the late reply, just seeing this now.

Yes my spindle was twisted, like the incredible hulk twisted it up like a licorice! In fact I destroyed everything on the left side except the lower arm! Upper arm, shock, spindle and ski were mangled!

well about to install that temp gauge this week, is there any kind of special antifreeze to use to top it back off when I fill it back up

Back