• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NOCO Genius Boost GB30 - Quick Review

wavemaster

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
SR Viper XTX, Nytro XTX, Phazer FX
Hey guys,

I picked up a NOCO Genius Boost GB30 to replace a larger jump pack I use.

I have not tried it with it (the unit) freezing, it is usually at room temperature when I take it out.

So far it has been great.

Jumped/started flat dead 2007 apex.
Jumped/started a 2011 apexXTX at -20F
Jumped/started a 2007 Phazer
No battery, started and ran a 2009 Nytro through warm up and into trailer then from trailer to shop.

Jumped a flat dead v6 caravan no issue.

I have not used it below 50% charge but have jumped with it several times before getting there.

I have used the light on it a few times and it works well.

It will also charge a USB device.

All in all I am very happy with the purchase.

No battery, started and ran a 2009 Nytro through warm up and into trailer then from trailer to shop.

I have a white label version that I got off amazon for $59 and am very happy with it! All the li-ion jumper packs are more or less identical, same liion cells at least. Anyway, in regards to that, check the manual of the noco, I bet they recommend disconnecting the jumper within 30 seconds of the vehicle running. Lithium cells are easily damaged by higher than spec voltage, and especially running a sled without a battery, the voltage going to that pack was high enough to potentially damage the cells.

Good advice. This is where the extra price for the name brand and engineering comes in. The NOCO is protected against return voltage so that shouldn't be an issue. It also handles direct shorts gracefully. The Nytro would not run right without a battery at all, but ran great with just the gb30 for the 5 minutes it was used.

http://www.geniuschargers.com/boost/ for the specs.

You can usually find one for $100.00 if you look around.

That couldn't possibly work. .......

I personally saw one similar to this start a Hemi Grand Cherokee at _20 c, 2 weeks ago. The Hemi wouldn't turn over at all & with this tiny booster pack it started right up

Hard to believe, but true.

I personally saw one similar to this start a Hemi Grand Cherokee at _20 c, 2 weeks ago. The Hemi wouldn't turn over at all & with this tiny booster pack it started right up

Hard to believe, but true.

No, I completely believe it. There was an earlier thread that the op completely dissed these style boosters calling them cell phone chargers. He then called me a liar and a drunk when I explained that I had boosted my v10 enough to get it going. My responses were deleted by the mods and his were left up as facts. So my post was made tongue in cheek for those who remember the earlier thread.

They are great little tools. I have a very low opinion of the OP so I was poking some fun at his expense for some who read the interactions on the last thread.

Last edited:
No, I completely believe it. There was an earlier thread that the op completely dissed these style boosters calling them cell phone chargers. He then called me a liar and a drunk when I explained that I had boosted my v10 enough to get it going. My responses were deleted by the mods and his were left up as facts. So my post was made tongue in cheek for those who remember the earlier thread.

They are great little tools. I have a very low opinion of the OP so I was poking some fun at his expense for some who read the interactions on the last thread.

LOL- Go read the thread again.

The reason my posts were "left up as facts" is it was all factual information. You were sputtering sentence fragments and hurling insults. My entire issue was the capacity of the unit he listed, not every jump pack ever made, but that specific pack that HE listed. Again, go read the thread, I never said one time that these don't work as jump packs, just capacity and specific information based on lithium.

Scott32 was the OP and wanted to REPLACE his battery with a 6000mah jump pack (about the capacity of 3 AA batteries). I as well as others explained why it was a bad idea, then the op started back pedaling saying it would be a good jump pack. And IMHO even as a jump pack it is just too small.

What I said to you is you did not use THAT 6000mah unit to start a V10 Diesel truck and from there you went off the deep end about it was a similar unit. I should have simply left it alone instead of going into the capacity again. The whole thread was about the capacity of that unit so when you said it was similar, I thought you actually meant similar. To my wife steel is similar to aluminum they are both metals, to me they are worlds apart.

My review above is about an actual model of an actual unit.

Wave, don't worry about it. I have no intention of lowering myself to your level again.

SWEET! Don't let any facts get in the way.

What was the reason for your post again? In your words - "I have a very low opinion of the OP so I was poking some fun at his expense...."

Mission accomplished! Thanks for your useful and helpful information posted. Hmmmm, maybe that is why your posts get deleted?

Back