• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

nos safe for apex?

flmcut1

Pro
is nos safe for apex,friend if mine said it will kill the pistons. i would be rebuilding in short time after using it . i was looking for 30 or 60 shot notnhing higher. i mostly trail ride drag friends in field thats it. ty for input.

nitrous will kill pistons if you dont add the fuel to go with it. you could run a 100hp shot of nitrous and have cooler exhaust temps than stock if you set it up that way. a lot of old timers are afraid of it because guys were blowing stuff up left and right when it first came out. technology has changed a lot in 40 years!

I'll Chime in on Bondocker.

Buy the EFI kit. Takes 2 hours to install. The EFI controller that they provide adds fuel through the fuel injectors. If using the 30HP nozzles, set fuel to 40, if using the 40HP nozzles, set to 50 and if using the 50HP nozzles, set to 60. These settings are for sea level to 2000 feet. May require higher settings for higher elevations. You may have to fine tune from there but probably not.

Fill the nitrous tank and go.

P.S. You want to buy a 10 or 20 lb tank to bring with you because the NOS runs out pretty fast !!!

I think Holtman and Boss are used quite a bit as well. Probably all good kits. Maybe someone can chime in on those.

Nitrous Express and NOS have kits out that work also. They are direct port fogger systems that come with a stand alone fuel system. That means no tuning with a programmer. I have used both and they work great.

03 RX1 - 4,300 miles asphalt racing and trail riding 50 horse nitrous kit (30-50 lbs. of nitrous used)

05 RX1 (current sled) 3,000+ miles asphalt racing and trail riding, 80 horse nitrous kit (over 50 lbs. and still using)

06 Attak (current sled) 2,500+ miles aspahlt racing and trail riding, 90 horse nitrous kit (too much to even keep track of nitrous used)

All sleds have even compression, and have never had any engine mods or repair changes besides plugs and oil changes.

All nitrous systems have +'s and -'s, and I prefer Holtzman due to service, experience, consistancy, and ease of installation. Use your best judgement and ask a lot of questions before purchasing a system that is right for you.

I have a lot of ten lb. bottles I get filled at 1 time. I want to get a dealer price on the large tank from a welding supply company. But for now, the 7 ten lb. bottles work.

I need to get one myself.

Just have to get a stand for the tank.

30 hp nitrous setup from any company on a 4 stroke should be able to run regular 87 fuel, and yes....will be very safe with 91 octane.

Nos-Pro,

If you get the big tank, I think they can supply it with a dip tube. I didnt order it that way. My tank has a sticker on it that says "No Dip Tube". So, I assume you can get it with a dip tube.

I use that tank with a 16' hose to transfer. I usually transfer into my 3lb bottle and also fill my 10lb bottle. Then, I hit the snow....if we ever get any here in the Northeast.

Do you have some king of "cap" for your 10lb bottle? I don't and was wondering if Johnny Law would ever give me a problem if I got pulled over.

Back