• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Not happy with dealer

cobra93302

Veteran
Had my cam chain tensioner put by a dealer on in Oct. of 09. Started it up after I got it home and all sounded and looked good. Took it out of the trailer to run it this afternoon. I let it warm up took it across the field and brought it back and shut it off and notice steam coming from under the hood. Open the hood and had anti freeze on the right side pretty much on every thing. Going to take air box off and see if I can find the problem. Not a very happy camper as of right now. :die

You know I just did the chain tensioner and had to burp the coolant system with the cap off to get the air pocket out and when it boiled over antifreeze went all over. Maybe it's just the spilled stuff your smelling. Is your coolant bottle low?? I'm still burning coolant off of the exhaust manifolds and such after 5 miles.

Am I reading this right, dealer worked on sled in Oct 2009. Now its Jan 2011, & its his fault that long after? Or was if Oct 2010, & this the 1st time you ran the engine since then?

In all fairness to your dealer, or any dealer, I would recommend contacting them first, and understanding what may have caused the issue before posting a "rant" on a public forum? I'm not saying you did anything wrong here, just that you may have a more pleasant outcome by contacting them first. To error is human, we all do it, and anybody should deserve the chance to correct it.
I do thank you for keeping this a civil discussion. :)

RED said:
Am I read this right, dealer worked on sled in Oct 2009. Now its Jan 2011, & its his fault that longer after? Or was if Oct 2010, & this the 1st time you ran the engine since then?

Curious about this one myself??

I would assume your dealer is just going to laugh at you if you suggest he did something wrong or forgot some over 2 years ago.

Sorry wrong year it was 2010. I started it up the other night and let it get warm. It was dripping behind the oil tank. Haven't had time to take it apart. Yes this was the first time I ran it in the snow.

That sounds better, most places should cover there labour for a year. Hope nothing to serious, good luck.

Same thing happened to me last year...coolant dripping under the oil tank after the tensioner swap. Turned out it was a small coolant line that was pinched when the dealer tilted the engine. Just trimmed the kink & re-attached...easy fix. Hopefully the same in your case!

RSVECTORFREAK said:
You know I just did the chain tensioner and had to burp the coolant system with the cap off to get the air pocket out and when it boiled over antifreeze went all over. Maybe it's just the spilled stuff your smelling. Is your coolant bottle low?? I'm still burning coolant off of the exhaust manifolds and such after 5 miles.
Well took the side cover off the right side and air box off and oil tank off and looked for the leak. Could not find anything,so put it all back together except the side cover and put it outside and let it run until it got hot. Can not find the anti freeze leak anywhere. Must be like rsvectorfreak said. Must of had air in the system and when it burped out the overflow hose,I was going fast enough that the air coming in the vent just blew it all over inside. Thanks for everyones help. ;)!

Back