• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro - first rides

Yamahnator

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Well got out Sunday and today. I'm 6'1", 230. Sled has slydog ski's, 96 studs, sportech riser and is an RTX, front fox pressure at 75 lb's. It will have the Excell exhaust on it when production units come in. I ride tug hill a lot.

The conditions were pretty good for this early in the season, Sunday was 19 F and today was about 28 F. There were a few sections with 1-1 1/2 foot moguls, so I really didn't get to put the sled through its paces, but it did handle those very well. Sled felt stable and was easily correctable on the little pop ups there were. I'm looking forward to putting it through it's paces when we get some real monsters. Didn't touch the rear end yet until I see how it does in those. It's pretty stiff now for the stutters, so we'll see. I wasn't sure on the slydogs on Sunday, but the more time I get with them the more I'm liking them. The sled felt very stable at 80-90 and suprised me how flat it corners.

The low end power is incredible. With studs the sled rockets out of the hole. Seat of the pants feel I think it might even rocket faster than my Attak did, but who knows that's hardly scientific. My buddy on his 800 XPS could not take me any time but once when I drifted towards him and had to completely let off. Of course he's not studded, so I'd like to race some studded machines on the resovoir this winter.

Complaints are that the sled has too much weight transfer. Fun for doing wheelies not fun for powering out of corners. I need to dial it in. Also my left boot got wet same as others are reporting. Very annoying, but not a huge deal because I've been looking for an excuse to buy a new pair of boots and I think my Altimates probably would do ok if they didn't have a few cracks around the laces. My pant leg was not wet at all. I experienced no bog, no hard turning and did not overheat at all except for once when I was traveling at a good clip and then stopped and left the sled running for a few minutes unattended. Light came on and I shut it down. Gave it about 15 seconds and started it up and went on my way, no more problems. Handwarmers were fine for me, turned them down on Sunday and had them very low all today.

I got to ride the pre-productions last year and this sled is spot on with what I rode. I did not notice any left wet boot though on the pre-productions. It's the sled I've been waiting for Yamaha to build.

Attachments

• DSC01727.jpg
    DSC01727.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC01732.jpg
    DSC01732.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC01737.jpg
    DSC01737.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 138

nice look, original for sure....looks "NASTY"

how much taller than stock are your bars now....ie, how do you think you can rise with stock cables etc..?

cheers, BK

I love the Transformers sticker! What does it transform into?
That's one of the neatest new movies, if you ask me!
Glad to see you've gotten out on it, I've made it a total of 2 miles on mine.I rode it down the block into a new development for a quick blast and back to the house. Didn't even have gear on, but I got the jist of it. I can't wait!

Gorm the riser raises it two inches. I wouldn't go much more than two with the stock cables.

Thanks Nate!

You black that seat out with the vinyl & leather paint, that sled will look SICK!
I LOVE IT!

Nicely done.

Any cool transformer name for it, like they had in the 80's?

Maybe BlackIce?

NytroFIB said:
You black that seat out with the vinyl & leather paint, that sled will look SICK!
I LOVE IT!

Nicely done.

Maybe BlackIce?

Hmm I haven't heard of that paint. I was actually thinking of ways which I could black the seat out... No name for it heh.

Where would you get it?

Yamahnator said:
NytroFIB said:
I LOVE IT!

Nicely done.

Maybe BlackIce?

Hmm I haven't heard of that paint. I was actually thinking of ways which I could black the seat out... No name for it heh.

Where would you get it?
sem products make paint for all materials

Hi guy's,this is my first post.I'm curious on the Fox float pressures.I had mine out last week for the first time,on powder and could not get the thing to turn at all with 75 in there.Has anyone really played with this yet to find a good setting.I dropped the pressure and it definitely turned better but the steering was much heavier.Looks like I've got more playing around to do :-o

oldspode said:
Hi guy's,this is my first post.I'm curious on the Fox float pressures.I had mine out last week for the first time,on powder and could not get the thing to turn at all with 75 in there.Has anyone really played with this yet to find a good setting.I dropped the pressure and it definitely turned better but the steering was much heavier.Looks like I've got more playing around to do :-o

Welcome to the site! Please use the search function or look around; there is a thread about this topic on the first page. Luckily, I'm a nice guy (sometimes :drink: )

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=49450

Enjoy! :rocks:

NytroFIB said:
I LOVE IT!

Nicely done.

Maybe BlackIce?

Or you could go with the sled solutions seat cover. It looks really sweet. I had horrible results when I painted my seat, but others had good results.

Back