• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro gas milage

caper7[b:2m4vn7xz][b] said:
Maybe someday we will ride together and will prove to you the difference .. With the extra 10 or 12 bucks get you a beer . haha [/b[/b]]Some of the carb versions are great till 6800 rpm then once your past that good bye mileage..

300 miles not broken in took me 600-700 range then fuel mileage went way up before that i thought i had a pig ..

Well, I rode with a 2012 Etec 800 this weekend...well broken in with 1100 miles on it. We rode 45-80 mph on hard packed trail..
1st fill up...Etec $23, Nytro $23
2nd fill up..Etec $20.50, Nytro $18
3rd fill up...Etec $29, Nytro $30

Like I said, in my experience the Etech 800 is not that great on gas...but it will go further on a tank compared to a Nytro.....until the put a Trail Tank on. ;)! You must be :drink: if you think an Etec is that much better on gas.

sgilbert said:
just got back from a 600mi weekend. my xtx got 15mpg like always. 600 etec got 21. sabre 700 got 14. get this, brand new 2010 cfr800 got 21 the whole trip. still couldn't believe my eyes. how in the hell can that thing match a 600 etec? anybody seen this with new cats?
I am going to be disapointed if someone doesnt chime in about this cfr 800 getting 21mpg over 600 mi. I still cant believe it and cant find anyone on arctic chat smart enough to talk to. I am die hard staying with my nytro, just confused on how. equal to a 600 etec before the 800 etec was available. was always in belief that cat was hard on fuel. most logical reason I can come up with is that the dude was getting up at 3am to get fuel while we were sleeping

sgilbert said:
sgilbert said:
just got back from a 600mi weekend. my xtx got 15mpg like always. 600 etec got 21. sabre 700 got 14. get this, brand new 2010 cfr800 got 21 the whole trip. still couldn't believe my eyes. how in the hell can that thing match a 600 etec? anybody seen this with new cats?
I am going to be disapointed if someone doesnt chime in about this cfr 800 getting 21mpg over 600 mi. I still cant believe it and cant find anyone on arctic chat smart enough to talk to. I am die hard staying with my nytro, just confused on how. equal to a 600 etec before the 800 etec was available. was always in belief that cat was hard on fuel. most logical reason I can come up with is that the dude was getting up at 3am to get fuel while we were sleeping

LOL, that's a possibility. But I have heard that the 800 Cat's were really good when ridden sensibly. I wouldn't have believed THAT good, but I suppose it's possible.

i rode all weekend with an XF800 and the best he got was around 15mpg, and that was taking it fairly easy with about 20 miles of off trail riding and the rest lake running

shaddow44 said:
caper7[b:csosq4fn][b] said:
Maybe someday we will ride together and will prove to you the difference .. With the extra 10 or 12 bucks get you a beer . haha [/b[/b]]Some of the carb versions are great till 6800 rpm then once your past that good bye mileage..

300 miles not broken in took me 600-700 range then fuel mileage went way up before that i thought i had a pig ..

Well, I rode with a 2012 Etec 800 this weekend...well broken in with 1100 miles on it. We rode 45-80 mph on hard packed trail..

Like I said, in my experience the Etech 800 is not that great on gas...but it will go further on a tank compared to a Nytro.....until the put a Trail Tank on. ;)! You must be :drink: if you think an Etec is that much better on gas.
]

Oh my etec is alot better on fuel than the nytro i had one . i still go riding with 3 friends that all drive nytro's.. I fill up with supreme and am still 10 or 12 dollars a tank cheaper one guy was 5 more than me .. and thats driving 80 -100mph mostly all day and they all have the trail tank .

caper7 said:
Oh my etec is alot better on fuel than the nytro i had one . i still go riding with 3 friends that all drive nytro's.. I fill up with supreme and am still 10 or 12 dollars a tank cheaper one guy was 5 more than me .. and thats driving 80 -100mph mostly all day and they all have the trail tank .

That's my experience too. Last year we did a 5 day trip, and at ever fill up I had burned about 50% more than the etec 600 that was there.

caper7 said:
shaddow44 said:
caper7[b:q9nk96at][b] said:

]

You're in dreamland dude...the Etech 800 ain't nearly that good on gas over a Nytro....you sure you don't ride an Ace 600 :drink: This is the 2nd Etech 800 I've run with and they both have gotten the same fuel economy as my Nytro...I can't see yours being drastically different..at least if you purely trai riding...if you are spending alot of time off trail maybe..but from what I've seen...100% trail riding they are not any better on gas....600 maybe...800 nope.

First 100 KM's on our trip today 20.5 MPG on the Nytro 23 MPG on the Phazer. This consisted of hard pack trail and lake riding. Average 60 km/hr (riding with the wife). I hammered down a few times but only for some short distances. Nothing over 130 KM/hr.

I'm pretty consistent on the flipper so its reflected in the fuel economy.

shaddow44 said:
caper7 said:
shaddow44 said:
caper7[b:22gb1ipc][b] said:

]

You're in dreamland dude...the Etech 800 ain't nearly that good on gas over a Nytro....you sure you don't ride an Ace 600 :drink: This is the 2nd Etech 800 I've run with and they both have gotten the same fuel economy as my Nytro...I can't see yours being drastically different..at least if you purely trai riding...if you are spending alot of time off trail maybe..but from what I've seen...100% trail riding they are not any better on gas....600 maybe...800 nope.

Well i do ride off trail a bit playing and today i was mainly breaking trail with two nytro's .. First fill up i was 5 and 6 dollars lower than other two .. Second stop was 3 litres better and that was a groomed trail section . It shocks me a two stroke can get better mileage just doesnt seem right .

I rode 100 miles on Monday and I still had 3 bars left, I'm sure I was close to 2 but I still thought that was good. And once again, the 2 1200 4tecs took a full gallon more than me.

As far as ETEC's go...some people are lying and I don't know who. I've heard as much as 22 with an 800 and 28 with a 600, but then I personally know a guy that consistently gets 15 with his 600. Something's not right. :dunno:

I'd say Doo likes to fudge the numbers a bit...they have been doing for yers, starting with the SDI 600s...claiming they got 22mpg..which I'm pretty sure they never did. They might hve gotten that mileage at some point during their R&D, but they must have been riding at a snails pace to get it.

ruffrider said:
I rode 100 miles on Monday and I still had 3 bars left, I'm sure I was close to 2 but I still thought that was good. And once again, the 2 1200 4tecs took a full gallon more than me.

As far as ETEC's go...some people are lying and I don't know who. I've heard as much as 22 with an 800 and 28 with a 600, but then I personally know a guy that consistently gets 15 with his 600. Something's not right. :dunno:

From what I've seen, etec's are not consistent from one to the other. That goes with oil consumptions as well.
I believe etec's run very lean at certain RPMs, which give great economy staying within. Outside those RPMs it's all over the map.

Dan

ruffrider said:

Was it in the back of your truck? Cause that's the only way I could do 100miles and still have 3 bars left, and I've got a trail tank.

NFLD-Nytro said:
Was it in the back of your truck? Cause that's the only way I could do 100miles and still have 3 bars left, and I've got a trail tank.
I ride pretty hard but most of my riding that day was on hard pack groomed trails, very little in the powder. Plus I doubt the gauge is very accurate. After all, my GPS showed 7 miles less than my odometer and we all know the speedometers are way off too...

Back