• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro handwarmers call yamaha

extreman1

Extreme
Anyone with issues with their handwarmers should call Yamaha Customer Relations and complain 1-800-962-7926. this may result in a recall. With the 2010 models having new warmers it admitts that the earlier models have problems. We shouldnt have to pay extra after shelling out good money just to have warmers that work. What does every one else think about this issue???

I have had my new 09 Nytro for about 3 weeks and can tell you that the hand warmers are a 4 on a scale of 1-10 :letsnow:

Complain about the color options too. I think a lot of people would have appreciated being able to purchase a black '08 RTX. It's not fair that we have to shell out more money for new body panels or spray paint when this money could be going into new skis and engine mods. Dammit! This burns me up!

Color is one thing but a poor working system on a machine is another. The hand warmers do not do their job effectively. I love my xtx but not happy about the hand warmers.

I don't think the warmers are the issue. I think it's the cowl and windshield shape. Get the wind off your hands and the warmers work. Or you can choose to use more output. But that would be like buying a bigger home furnace so you could stay warm with the windows and doors open. Hmm.

My stock warmers work great. I'll call Yamaha and tell them!

SB

Yamaha did apparently improve the warmers for 2010, but I would be amazed if they actually did recall the prior year warmers on any sled. Yamaha is very stingy on recalls.

By putting new warmers on next years models does not mean the old ones were defective, just ineffective.

Now if the old warmers were burning sleds up, then they might recall them.

I don't think the warmers are the issue. I think it's the cowl and windshield shape. Get the wind off your hands and the warmers work.

if the cowl and windshiel are the problem they they should put better ones on there stock. thats just like selling somone a new engine that doesnt work and telling them for extra money they can make it run. if the sled comes with warmer they should work well or reduce the price so we can spend are money on some that do work.

By putting new warmers on next years models does not mean the old ones were defective, just ineffective.

the subframes on the 08 nytro and geting warranty when they band then why wouldnt the hand warmers? if the problem is so bad they had to fix it on the next years model then guess whats its a problem and should be fixed by the dealer.

arteeex said:
Complain about the color options too. I think a lot of people would have appreciated being able to purchase a black '08 RTX. It's not fair that we have to shell out more money for new body panels or spray paint when this money could be going into new skis and engine mods. Dammit! This burns me up!

LMAO^^^^Dude that is too Fricken funny. I agree the black 09 looks cool.

Just called they told me to call the dealer to have them look at the warmers to see if they are defective. I was told they are aware of the issue and may address this in the future.. Keep calling! I rode 100 Mile in 10 degree weather and my hands were freezing

hollyjason1977 said:
Just called they told me to call the dealer to have them look at the warmers to see if they are defective. I was told they are aware of the issue and may address this in the future.. Keep calling! I rode 100 Mile in 10 degree weather and my hands were freezing
May be addressed in the future? They already are,I am sure they will make an update kit for a discount price!

2008 Nytro RTX said:
hollyjason1977 said:
May be addressed in the future? They already are,I am sure they will make an update kit for a discount price!

They already offer the Hot Grips on their web site as a upgrade. I believe they are about double the wattage.
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/acces ... etail.aspx

Back