• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro handwarmers call yamaha

I will try Artee, just because aftermarket companies try and sell you upgrades doesn't mean that you have to purchase them if the items they are trying to replace work well. I have been told the stock clutch works as well as aftermarket clutches, you can fill up your gas tank and ride about 100 miles which suits most people for almost any trip. To most people the sled is rideable and ready to go as is, except for the non existant handwarmers. I personally paid $10,000 plus for my new Nytro SE that I love. I then went out and Spent another $630 on an FXR Adrenaline suit because I knew the sled would be colder than my Viper, I then spent another $165 on Klim Adrenaline Boots so my left foot wouldn't get wet any more. My hands were getting cold so I spent another $65 on a tall windshield and another $65 on Klim Klimate gloves to try and keep my hands warm. With all of these spenditures above the $10,300 dollars I am still happy with my sled except for the fact that my hands are still cold. Which most people, probably 90% agree that Yamaha has gone backwards with their warmers, ask Apex riders, Vector riders, any Yamaha rider since they went away from the rheostat. The warmers suck and Yamaha should do something about them. Everything else on the Yamaha sleds works well but those. Does that help? ;-)

mjd

I am in violent agreement that the stock hand warmers suck. Honestly, and without being a smartass, your feedback helps to prove my point. You’ve spent money ($925) on other upgrades but not the heaters. For the price of your new gloves you could have added a set of RSI heaters as I have done and had warm hands this season. It's really a very easy fix.

Again, some people think the shocks (or X, Y and Z) suck and won't think twice about having them re-valved to change a STOCK feature on the sled to their liking. It seems to me the same rationale should apply to the heaters. It’s just another (inexpensive and voluntary) modification with a really nice payback. It’s certainly not worth all the heartburn it seems to cause.

I’m done now.

arteeex said:
I am in violent agreement that the stock hand warmers suck. Honestly, and without being a smartass, your feedback helps to prove my point. You’ve spent money ($925) on other upgrades but not the heaters. For the price of your new gloves you could have added a set of RSI heaters as I have done and had warm hands this season. It's really a very easy fix.

Again, some people think the shocks (or X, Y and Z) suck and won't think twice about having them re-valved to change a STOCK feature on the sled to their liking. It seems to me the same rationale should apply to the heaters. It’s just another (inexpensive and voluntary) modification with a really nice payback. It’s certainly not worth all the heartburn it seems to cause.

I’m done now.

Well put Smarteeex! I guess we probably should ask Yamaha to do a recall on the Fox floats because they changed the valving in them. I have also done as ^^ he has and put on different warmers. They work great now. Just like any other mod that most do to our sleds. They are money pits!

I feel the warmers are a comfort feature. and if the feature doesnt work to provide that, it should be fixed!! BY YAMAHA!!! shock packages and clutching work, but some people complain because they dont work for (Their riding style) These are disigned for the average rider. The same is true for the warmers. The handlebar warmers are for sure not warm enough. It seems to me they should be more adjustable on the high side. for somthing as simple as warmers i cant believe how yamaha missed the boat.

Thanks for the reply Artee, I have one last comment also. The things I purchased were for my comfort that didn't come with the sled or go on the sled, except for the windshield. My only point is that Yamaha had by far the best warmers in the industry when they had the rheostats. Now 10 years later, when they should be better they are much worse. If we can buy the RSI warmers and make them work the way they should I guess I'll have to do that. If that's the way it goes, then they shouldn't put wamers on in the first place, or the windshield, charge less for the sled and we'll buy our own windy and our own grips, heaters, etc... Maybe Polaris is onto something with their Shift, you don't get a thumbwarmer with that sled, maybe they don't know how to make that work?
Thanks,
mjd

Ya, know.....when my warmers didn't work and I read here how everybody else's didn't work I decided to fix mine and ordered a couple of sets of RSI heaters and grips. While those items were in transit I tossed on some gauntlets to get me by. My heaters worked great that weekend at -24*F. 3 bars was all I could tolerate before getting too hot. In retrospect I had heard several reports from guys who tried Dumbo Ears, Skinz hand guards, and stock guards turned upside-down, and all of them reported their warmers worked. I had figured they weren't as smart as me and my problem was real. It had to be. I read it on a website! It turns out I wasn't too smart for not listening to them and their solutions were real. The warmer "fix" is in. Numerous remedies have been presented. One is free, others are cheap. If applying these fixes is too much trouble? I guess you'll remain unhappy by choice.

If you aren't part of the solution you're part of the problem.

zhere is nuting, I zee nuting wrong wit zee hadwarmerz, now stop bashing zee Yamahaz or you wilz haf to zee de Comandant!

Come on now guys, can't we all get along and sit around the fireplace talking sleds and singing cumbuyah (sp). If your hands are cold, spend countless hours on the phone with Yamaha customer service, bug your dealer you are trying to build a relationship with until he runs the other way when he sees you coming, buy some good gloves, gauntlets, heavier coats, boots, bigger windshields, deflectors, chemical handwarmers, helmet, under armor, glove liners, and only ride when it is above zero degrees. Jeez some people will never be happy and just want to complain all the time. It feels good being part of the solution!

woodydog, Polaris only had warmers as an option on the 08 shift. Since everyone put them on, they are included as std on 09 shifts.

I like the adjustability of the rheostat on my venture, but to be honest, the dash mounted knob is more of a PITA than the handlebar mounted style that my 00 polaris , and 94 polaris have. Yeah, with the 2000, you have high, medium and low for the hand warmers, and high/ low for the thumb, but that is all that I have ever needed. Only when riding in -235 degree F weather have I ever used full blast on the hand and thumb on the 2000. It has neat little lights showing what setting they are on. Quite simple and easy to use.

The venture, well, if I have them anything over about 25% turned up from nothing, they roast my hands. While they work well on the venture, having a dash mounted rheostat is not so user friendly, especially when it takes very little effort to turn them up or down. Trying to adjust the temp to lower on the venture while riding is nearly pointless. You almost have to stop to avoid turning them up instead of down.

All Yamaha would really need to do is have 2 -3 higher heat settings on the newer sleds, and they would be fine.

stewartb said:
I don't think the warmers are the issue. I think it's the cowl and windshield shape. Get the wind off your hands and the warmers work. Or you can choose to use more output. But that would be like buying a bigger home furnace so you could stay warm with the windows and doors open. Hmm.

My stock warmers work great. I'll call Yamaha and tell them!

SB

For me and my buds the warmers are the issue. I noticed the warmers only work half #*$&@ decent at around 6200 rpm and above.
Your right about keeping the wind off your hands. when I use guantlets( which is often), I don't have a problem.

arteeex said:

I’m done now.

Then Yamaha should advertise the XtX with a caption saying "hands will stay nice and toasty if you buy and install the RSI heaters.

Arteex, you have a point though. Yamaha thinks the bugsheild they call a windshield will actually deflect snow, wind, etc. Oh ya but it looks COOL

GT03235 said:
just called yam and they say that if the heat is not up to your liking i need to go down the aftermarket route? I did not expect that answer LaLaLa
WOW That sounded very rude to me.
Maybe your reply should have been "Is polaris aftermarket?"
I swear to god there are so many dumb bells answering phones now days, and not just yamaha!! It's everywhere.
WHY WOULD YOU TELL A CUSTOMER TO SHOP ELSEWHERE?

Not being a smart a$$, but I wonder how many people would not have bought their sled had they known the hand warmers didn't work appropriately. Maybe I'm the dumba$$, but I still would've bought my XTX. Kind of in the same vein as me knowing that I wanted to put all of that torque to the ground but knew the stock shoe wouldn't do it and the answer was studs. So I put studs on.

just my 2 cents.

I am using Yamaha's Gauntlet Mittens now and I do not have a cold hand issue any more. The inside if the mitten has a glove in it so to keep your fingers seperated. I had there Glacier basin Gauntlet glove and in 3 rides my hands froze plus the botton of my ring finger I had a rip in them. Brought them to my dealer nd they warranteed them, but they were out of the leather gauntlet gloves in early January? I had to settle for the Glacier Basin Leather gauntlet mittens and my hands are warm now. http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/appar ... etail.aspx

On our RX1 the hand warmers where unreal they where hot melt your hands ....any how on our RTX 40th and XTX they suck big time it's like they are not on but they are...spend this much money on sleds and this not a happy camper...

then on the 2010 they say they have fixed the problem ...I think they should step up to the plate and fix these ones..

Rick :o|

Back