• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro riders that came from Apex

Silver

Expert
I'am looking for opions from guys who last yr rode an apex or rx-1 .Are you happy with the switch,do you miss the extrs hp.How about ride which sled is better and why.I currently ride an 04 Warrior just rolled over 10k on her love it but need something different for next year.I know the nytro is a lot lighter and the same hp as my current ride.Any one race an older rx.Thanks Mike

Had both the RX and the Apex. This is the sled that I was waiting for Yamaha to build. It's more aggressive, less sit back of a ride. Requires more body English.

NB-NYTRO said:
I had an 06 Apex GT last winter. To put it this way. The only think I miss is the top end. Thats it.
I agree but with a few mods you can make the nytro just as fast on top,on the bottom end they are as fast or faster in stock form
:Rockon:

No way no how ever in a kazillion year can you make a nytro as fast as an apex on top end with out a turbo/nos or supercharger.

NB-NYTRO said:
The only think I miss is the top end. Thats it.

Yamahnator said:
Had both the RX and the Apex. This is the sled that I was waiting for Yamaha to build. It's more aggressive, less sit back of a ride. Requires more body English.

Ditto on all the above. I've had 2 RX-1's and a Attak....... Nytro :Rockon:

What turk said above been on both for many miles nytro will not come close to a apex on top!!!! But it is way better in the bumps!!!! If you like to trail ride and lake run a apex is hard to beat....If you like the bumps a nytro hands down! More of an aggressive sled...period!

Thanks guys .So it sounds like a good bump sled what about riding the dog sh!t out of it on a trail.Like this weekend i rode Sat and Sun and put on 450 miles rode from Escanaba to Wakefield and back.Would I have been as happy riding the Nytro.My riding is 60% on trail 40% off trail boon docking.How does the steering feel is it lighter then my Warrior.

Turk said:
No way no how ever in a kazillion year can you make a nytro as fast as an apex on top end with out a turbo/nos or supercharger.

Mike,

I think PTRA had his Nytro "waxed" by Dyno Ray or Freddie.

They have some pretty good wax by times.

Dave

You can give mine a ride. I'm in the Harbor Springs area, we could meet somewhere are trade off for a bit. Just send me an e-mail if you are going to be in my area.

Also had both rx and apex, corner to corner with all three set up right the nytro wins better handling and same or better acceleration. med to big bumps the ntro wins by along ways and at the end of the day you'll be far ahead and still ready to ride and the mono will probably be broke the extra weight makes alot of difference at the end of the day. :Rockon:

Riceburner said:
Turk said:

Mike,

I think PTRA had his Nytro "waxed" by Dyno Ray or Freddie.

They have some pretty good wax by times.

Dave
Your rite, I did forget to mention what mods I had done,high comp pistons,cam's,head work,power commander's,clutching,gearing and more . It now has more hp than stock apex's,Dyno sheets dont lie. Dynoray rocks :Rockon:

The nytro RTX is not meant to be a top end speed sled.
I rode my Apex GT last year and never did have the chance to run the sled to full top end speed like the year before.
Before I had the low speed left front end crunch with my RTX in January I decided to sell my 05 Ski-doo MXZ and it should be sold by Thursday.I kept my Apex GT as the Nytro parts have been on back order forever but are supposed to be coming in soon.
The Nytro handles better and is lighter for throwing around on the Tug Hill and Cranberry Lake tighter trails.
Nytro steering is easy compared to the Apex and just takes getting use to it as you don't have to muscle the sled around.
Apex sleds are great when the trails are straight.
I bought the Nytro RTX because at the end of the day when I'm on the way home the trails are trash and the Nytro RTX takes the bumps better than my GT.
08 Nytro sleds around here are beating up the Apex sleds and others in short runs.
Don't miss the horse power as the Nytro has plenty of power for trail riding.
You can still do 90 mph plus on both sleds and kill yourself trail riding.
I had a 04 Warrior and that sled was good but heavy to wrestle and get around tight corners.Both myself and a friend sold ours and bought Apex's.
Seating position on Nytro is better for me.
I've been riding my GT for over a month and wish I had not wrecked the Nytro or the parts were available because for me it just rides that much better.
I took both sleds back to back accross some trail sections and fields and my Nytro RTX could take the trail at least 10 mph faster than my Apex GT.
Big HP and speed is only good if you can use it.
A well setup smaller HP sled that can out handle a bigger HP sled will leave it in the dust on the tighter trails which is where I ride alot.
Speed limit is 55 mph in NY anyway and I had the Lewis County Sherriffs Dept point their radar gun at the Apexs me and a friend riding behind me.So having that little less power in the Nytros is not a bad thing as it is hard to keep from putting the hammer down on that long,wide, and flat trail with the Apex sleds.
I've had more fun on the Nytro and been less beat up after a ride on the Nytro than on any other sled except my 05 MXZ which is close but the riding position is way better on the Nytro.
I had the Nytro handling well and with some front end changes(updates?) mabey from Yamaha next season and a bigger gas tank it will only get better.Along with a different front frame or some bracing.
Storage?I had the front bag full and the belt on the clutch guard and a handlebar cover with storage.If I need more I have the good Yamaha backpack.I may get the small box to put on the clutch guard also.

Yep i had a 07 Apex RTX put it this way i could never go back to dich/trail riding that pig! I did love the Apex till i got my Nytro the power from 0 -80 mph is SICK on the Nytro you will not be sad with the power TRUST ME!!

Skydog

nytro vs apex

NB-NYTRO said:
I had an 06 Apex GT last winter. To put it this way. The only think I miss is the top end. Thats it.

Well, I will not be popular but I have to vote the opposite. I rode my Nytro FX for best part fo the season and although I like it could never get it to handle well. Pulled the 06 Apex GT out for a big ride and was blown away (stock other than Pioneer revalve and new head seal on Ohlins)

1) More power, way more top end, smoked by buddy's Nytro FX badly
2) Sled is very refined, positive and planted
3) Was able to rail faster in the trails with way more confidence to go fast
4) Was a dream in the stutters bumps
5) Was superior in the big bumps, did not pitch & buck in the big stuff
6) Hand warmers worked great (07 update bars)
7) Has wind protection
8) Rode 250km and felt fresh and ready for more.
9) Does not feel that much heavier than the Nytro
10) Has a gauge package you can read
11) Headlight that shines on the trail

I do like the Nytro for several reasons and #1 the riding position and the monster low end grunt. I did get sore knee's a bit from the long transition from sitting to standing on the Apex but not on the Nytro.

Now remember this is one riders opinion and I have the standard not the RTX but maybe I am just getting a little old and a little soft but you can ask Swiss Sledder and he will confrim my riding style.

Back