• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro spindle bushings

poor farmer/logger

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 SR Viper XTX 2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX
Looking at making some spindle bushings for my 09 nytro. Can't stand the oem bushings, those split bushings are just junk for this application. Just wondering if anyone else has played around with materials. I'm aware of up bushman's fix. He uses all stainless but I'm considering making some from Delrin Nylatron or last but not least UHMW. Just wondering if anyone has made them from those materaials what their experiences have been. Have a chunk of UHMW at my brothers already but can source Delrin locally as well for not a terrible price. Have some stainless here to turn the pins out of. Thinking it should be a good combination. Can turn them myself so if it don't work I'm only out my time and a little bit of material.

Go 4 it . I was a machinist for years I have a lathe in my basement was going to do it myself but no time for that right now. I bought mine from upbushman. Good quality stuff happy with them .

I'm not a machinist by trade(that's my brother) but I can get things done when I need to. lol.. Have a 18"x60" lathe in the shop that's my main turning tool. My brother's been doing it for years too so if I get to stumped I give him a call or pull in a favor and get him to make it if it's beyond my capabilities. I am just a farmer/logger afterall.lol..

I have no doubt that up bushman's aren't quality pieces i just like to experiment some too.

20160115_143410.jpg

I got a set made for my z broz- my hole at the bottom was egged shaped, so I oversized it and added a new another bushing (split bushing- so I could grease them.heat treated material) and got two new collars made. Just a couple thou of clearance to allow just the right amount of play

I should have put a grease nipple of the back side

I'm not a machinist by trade(that's my brother) but I can get things done when I need to. lol.. Have a 18"x60" lathe in the shop that's my main turning tool. My brother's been doing it for years too so if I get to stumped I give him a call or pull in a favor and get him to make it if it's beyond my capabilities. I am just a farmer/logger afterall.lol..

sounds like a fun project.....always nice feeling making something yourself, please post results when done (really curious about the Nylatron and how that will work out)

cheers

Finally got the shocks rebuilt last week and finished up the ski alignment today. Was a bit of a battle this time. Numbers didn't want to match up where I wanted em to. I made a set of bushings up. One out of uhmw and one from mild steel. I have some Teflon(ptfe) to try as well once I get a chance to put some miles on these first and try them out. Have one stainless pin turned as well as one mild steel. Zero play at the bushings now anyways. Curious to see how they last.

Season's done and I had the sled in the shop today geting it ready to store for summer so I thought id post a update with a little bit of results.

Mild steel bushing had a small amount of play in it. Tolerances were a bit loose on it to start with so I wasn't really surprised. UHMW bushing with stainless pin is as tight as the day I pressed it in though. Might pick up some delrin over the summer and machine some new parts for the other side so it's as good as new again. There's about 3/16" play at the very end of the ski tip now not enough to bother anything but still not perfect either.

I put 500 miles on it after I did the work to it. Most of that was over bumpy fields and semi rough trails through the bush.

Back