• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro top speed

leeman13

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2012 Yamaha Nytro
Just had our trail groomed for the first time today and on our way back from signing I got my new Nytro up to 100mph. I think that's her max cause I had her to the bar. Maybe if someone lighter was riding maybe get a few more out of her but that will be it for me.
Anyone out there have a higher top end?

105mph w/me 170lbs and w/belt that has 2000 miles on it. Just bought it and bet I could do better w/a fresh belt. Did the 105 on hardpack snow.

I got my first good riding day in today and the most I could squeeze out of my 2010 xtx was 157km/h on a good hardpack run on the lake. Stock everything basically except for 114 studs up the middle. I love it in the bush, but I'd like a bit more on top for the lakes - let the mods begin.

I think the later yamies have more accurate speedos. 111 mph was a 107 gps for me on ice mixed with little snow. A true 100 mph on a snow trail is hard to achieve for any stock sled including an Apex. Have an ice base under snow, you'll gain a few mph and run on pure ice and gain a few more.

Dan

IMHO the yamaha speedos are off 4-5 miles per hour compared to gps. You have to hold the speed for the gps to register it but at top end its not a issue.

Gunner what do you have done to your Nytro? That is very fast! Let's get out for a little drag racing fun some afternoon. We live in Coniston and have a Nytro, Apex and SRX to play with!

ill say this... i dont know top speed yet but on my speedo on snow/roads i have no problem breaking 100mph , hopefully the lakes freeze over soon and ill have some news on radar

Back