• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro top speed

nytrozula said:
I really don't see how one stock sled is hitting 96mph and another 110 and higher. I have SMB stage 2 out on mine and get 98 mph on a mile long lake run. No way this sled hits 110mph stock!

The term 'stock' is a pretty loose term at times.

2010 XTX last year with just Excell exhaust hit 104 and still climbing slightly. I weigh 325 though so I bet an average weight rider could have hit 110. Going to some radar runs this year to see what she can do. Might get a lighter rider to take it for a pull to see how much of a difference it makes.

nytrozula said:
I really don't see how one stock sled is hitting 96mph and another 110 and higher. I have SMB stage 2 out on mine and get 98 mph on a mile long lake run. No way this sled hits 110mph stock!
Big difference flying down a lake on a snow trail vs glair ice. A true 100 mph is very hard to hit on a snow trail.
Also, not all belts are the exact length/width. I had one belt that was 3mph faster then the other running them back to back on same stretch.

Dan

I was racing my friend on a lake and was hauling at 105mph and I still could have gone faster! I weigh around 155 pounds.

09 nytro xtx

sneakattak88 said:
Gunner we should hook up on Ramsey! Would love to see such a fast Nytro, I have a Hurricane kit and tones of hours with clutching and gears and the best I got is 106 on gps on ice ,,,, I'm ahead of apex till about 1500 feet then game over, best gears have been the 22/38 set

I've topped that many times on Ramsey even in stock form. Best is stock form was 111gps and 114mph gps after my mods.

It is interesting the swing from one sled to another. I'm sure how broken in they are, track type, suspension, clutch, and gear setup all play into this, but almost a 10+mph swing here. Just like the dyno swings you see from 130+-140+hp on these motors. Makes you wonder the potential on this motor. I hear 150+ NA with some tweaks, similar to the cross country sled, which also hit 112mph keeping the low end grunt to race.

Back