• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

O2 Sensor/Wideband Issues

Here's the one I purchased as a spare...it is the same part number as the number on the AEM box my original kit came in.

aem.JPG

Earthling, I think I now understand what you mean by canbus, as in the harness, there are 2 wires intertwined/wrapped together strategically. I thought this was done intentionally to create some sort of resistance and tried my best to maintain the same wrap when splicing the old harness to the new module. By module, I'm referring to the black box that says, AEM X Series.

I really appreciate all the help, but at this point I'll pause my diagnosing, as I have a brand new module in mail from TD and will try it once it arrives next week. If that doesn't fix it, I'll report back.

At my age, I'm running out on hair to pull out in frustration. I'll keep you all posted on the results.

Canbus is both a wire specification (the twisted wires) and the protocol for the data that is sent over the wires. Its all digital instead of analog. In something like an apex you had a bunch of sensors that read from 0-5v and the ecu had to convert that into something meaningful (3.27v = 130 deg water temperature or whatever). With canbus almost everything in a modern car is connected via canbus. It reduces both the amount of wiring involved and makes every part of the vehicle (potentially) a little smarter.

A bit more about canbus, including a useful diagram. https://www.autopi.io/blog/can-bus-explained/

Earthling, i just bought the standard AEM module and sensor from Summit racing and spliced it into CANBUS.

The new wideband module I ordered from TD arrived yesterday. I plugged it into my sledi and....BAM....it worked like a charm. The sled is fixed.

Again ....I tried the new wideband module that I wired with the factory plugs. Still no go. I tested the original O2 Sensor that I had in the original wideband module. It too was no good.

In conclusion, here is what I think happened. The original O2 Sensor quit/shorted out and in doing so, fried the original module.

Thank you to all for your time and efforts in this venture!!

Back