• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer ice scratchers

DOGMAN

I ride the UP of MI and the northern LP. Late in the season, I got to thinking about some scratchers, as some of the trails were very hard packed and icy. Can anybody recommend a type/brand and or location to install them.

Attachments

• upride.jpg
    upride.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 309

I got some generic scratchers. The label said "Made in Canada", so something from over the seas at least.

2013-01-23%2015.16.27.jpg

2013-01-23%2015.16.54.jpg

Mounted them right behind one of the wheels in the front. They work really well for me.

Scratchers

We have a 2007 Phazer Mountain Lite with the stock 2" track. I installed a second set of wheels towards the center of the rail and slidekicks scratchers. We have ridden in conditions were a Venture burned its hyfax and the Phazer MTX hyfax was fine.

We ride the Phazer in the mountains and on Minnesota trails. We have ridden on March mornings where the trails are rock hard (previous day slush turned to ice) and have been fine.

The second set of wheels was not an original idea. I got it from another Totallyamaha member.

The adavantage of the Slidekicks is you don't have to worry about backing up and wrecking them.

Bgs

Attachments

• Slidekicks and Extra Wheel.jpg
    Slidekicks and Extra Wheel.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 302
  • Slidekicks.jpg
    Slidekicks.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 984
Re: Scratchers

bsevigny said:
We have a 2007 Phazer Mountain Lite with the stock 2" track. I installed a second set of wheels towards the center of the rail and slidekicks scratchers. We have ridden in conditions were a Venture burned its hyfax and the Phazer MTX hyfax was fine.

We ride the Phazer in the mountains and on Minnesota trails. We have ridden on March mornings where the trails are rock hard (previous day slush turned to ice) and have been fine.

The second set of wheels was not an original idea. I got it from another Totallyamaha member.

The adavantage of the Slidekicks is you don't have to worry about backing up and wrecking them.
In the second picture, it shows some bushings in the coils of the rear springs. Is that something you bought, or built? I've wondered if that would help hold up the back of the sled when I have to pack a bit more weight.
Bgs

Extra set of wheels and I'm at 3000+ miles on my slides with ALOT of crappy condition miles on them. Check my signature for the link.

Thanks

Thanks Blueironranger,

It was your post that I followed on the second set of wheels.

Bgs

Back