1. PLEASE READ: If you have problems in logging with your old password, request a new one over Here. If you haven't received a new password from the forum please email your username and password to webmaster@totallyamaha.com. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  2. All hotmail, msn, outlook, live email accounts are not receiving email notifications. The only way to remedy this is to contact your email provider or to set up a secondary account (with gmail or similar) to receive notifications. If you don't have one of the above emails, you may need to add @totallyamaha.com to your safe senders list in order to receive notifications.

Pilot 6.9 skis, what mount?

Discussion in 'FX Nytro General Talk' started by Gates93, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Gates93

Gates93 Newbie

Hey guys,
    Going to buy a set a Pilot 6.9 skis to go on my 2009 XTX Nytro.
    Just wondering what are you guys using for mount so that they fit on the Nytro.
    Thanks
  2. cwcsrx700

cwcsrx700 Newbie

You will need rubbers from a ZX chassis Doo. Pop the bushings out of the skis and put them in from the other direction, thats it. I think the slydog ski rubbers work too, Ulmer sells those.
  3. Gates93

Gates93 Newbie

Wich bolt should I use?
    The one that's already on the sled or the one that comes with the Pilot skis?
  4. berge75

berge75 Newbie

Stock bolt works.
  5. chevmal67

chevmal67 Newbie

dont hit anything with em. i broke mine with not even 100 miles on. it was the back outside, however that breaks i dont know. they wouldnt warrranty it either.
  6. TVBrian

TVBrian Newbie

I used the zx rubbers and just traced my stock yama rubbers then cut the zx ones to match... Used the stock bolt, so far so good. I am still running crap carbides on mine as conditions aren't good here yet.
  7. dburrowes

dburrowes Newbie

you will love these skis. make sure to shim the back as well as take some of the ski pressure off. i too am using standard carbides down the centre and cannot believe the handeling with these. i have not seen any damage but a bunch of the guys have warned me about running them without the outside carbides and how the skis will get damaged so i will be installing some in the outside channel
  8. Biggie

Biggie Newbie

So are you ordering the install kit from Skidoo or just using the stock bolts and then finding rubbers to fit. The kits look complete?
  9. mrosenow

mrosenow Newbie

I am on my second season on pilots and LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I picked up TWO sets for $200 from some dumb ass who put junk old aftermarket skiis on his 2 08 Doos!!!! What a deal. 1243% improvement over the yamaha skiis even with woody doolies on them. I just broke off both inner carbides on the last ride and have to replace them.

I can't see improvement going to aftermarket skiis over the pilots....especially for the price.

I would like to try the 6.9 version next when these wear out.
  10. Gates93

Gates93 Newbie

11. Gates93

Gates93 Newbie

Ok guys, I find the answers to all of my question.
    Some other guy replied to a post yesterday and had all the step by step to the Pilot ski intalation.
    So now I know exacly where I stand. Nice to see that my Yammi loop will also fit those skis.
  12. marsh14

marsh14 Newbie

If you get the slydog rubbers, you don't have to trim them and they are cheaper. Like $10 and fit perfect.
  13. mrosenow

mrosenow Newbie

I bought NEW rubbers from my local ski doo repair guy for $10 each and he had them in stock....which meant no shipping.
  14. RDAY

RDAY Newbie

so all i need is any set of a ski doo pilot skis, 2 sludog rubbers from ulmer, and my stock ski loops and i am good to go right?
    Thanks
  15. marsh14

marsh14 Newbie

Wow, I originally bought the skidoo rubbers from the local dealer for $16 each. Didn't like the idea of having to cut them so I bought the slydog ones. I got raped at the skidoo dealer it looks like.