• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pioneer Performance Shock Services

rindtj

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Curious about their shock rebuilds, I think my mono needs it it bad, bottoms way too much, maybe spring too? (205 lbs). So I am curious about two things: The first, front shock service. How much is this going to improve handling? My front shocks are fine as far as bumps etc. but would a revalve help my handling? The second, if I were to get the 13 mm stabilizer bar would a revalve allow me to run more ski pressure with less body roll than I have now while backed off my shocks quite a bit? Or would I benefit more by saving the 130 bucks I would spend on my front shocks and spending it on something else? I would assume Hygear's stuff is better, but it is just too expensive. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks guys.

I live near Pioneer and have had them revalve my Ohlins mono twice. 2 years ago I asked for a slightly stiffer revalve from stock. It helped the bottoming but i had to ride full compression 90% of the time. This year I asked for it be even stiffer. Even though I only weigh 170(without gear) Bruce recommended I get the 5.4 stiffer spring. It works super now. Highly recommended!

I have had them do my ohlins too.Did revalve and oil change, along with new spring. I was told next size bigger than stock(4.9) was called a 5.5 This has worked well for me, I'm at 200lbs Make sure you do the sag before anything else!!! The pre-load is the key to it all!!!

I've had two apexes revalved by Bruce, 06 GT and 07 RTX, both were way better than stock. Only had rear shocks revalved and added heavier springs, fronts were fine so can't help you there. Definately worth the money!

Thanks guys, Ya I think that I will just have the rear done and save the money and spend it on bushings from Pioneer and maybe some triple threats? I assume most people would say the front shock revalve wouldn't help my handling all that much?

i woild also recommend carver performance i see you live in wis and it would be closer and faster turn around i like what carver did to mine great job.

Back