• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Polaris FST

A few weeks ago we had our annual uphill drags, "Race Under the Lights", and the FST was very impressive!! This year we changed our race rules to include a 4 stroke class, (we have 4SI(135hp), 4SII(155hp), and 4SIII(155+hp) and the FST dominated 4 stroke 2(135hp)

It was so impressive that we had to change the rules so it could only run in 4SIII(because of the turbo and the overboost)

That's the thing with turbos, you can crank up the boost.

I almost bought an FST that had a larger Garrett turbo installed and a secondary boost adjustment. He was happy with the sled, He was able to run 190 hp approx and at a reasonable cost comparable to installing a complete kit on a Yamaha. I was hesitant though and jammed, my blood still bleeds blue.

Honestly, I don't care how impressive that engine sounds, there is no way that I would place my long term trust in it like I would a Yamaha, especially once you start gettin em jacked up like that!

horkn said:
I personally would trust it. Polaris has been very good to me over the last 20+ years.

Yes Polaris has treated me well in the past as well but this engine has nothing to do with Polaris! Maybe that's a good thing with the way the things are going for Poo's new 2 smokes! Like I've said in other posts, my wife has one and it's worked well for us, although the reverse did pile up on it yesterday, but I think it's fair to say that Yamaha builds the best 4 strokes. All brand loyalty aside. Not a bash. Peace.

I agree with you about Yamaha's superior 4 stroke sleds.

If I were to buy a new sled, A new nytro xtx would be at the top of my list, followed by other FX nytros, attaks (or ltx's), and apexes.

Back