• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pro taper bars on XTX

This is a bit of a shot in the dark but has anyone put pro taper bars on their Nytro. I've done quite a bit of searching and no real luck.

What I would like to do is pick up a complete set of bars off a parted out rmk or something and install on my Nytro. I was wondering if I would be able to wire up those warmers and mount my controls on them or if it would become too complicated. I just love the feel of those bars and don't want to spend a ton of money setting myself up with something similar completely aftermarket

I guess after a bit more research and to clarify what I'm looking for is will I be able to wire up the warmers to the nytro as will I be able to mount my controls on the bars with enough space.

Just tossing the idea around while waiting for other parts to show up for my sled

There won't be a problem with the grips , you may have to reroute the wiring for the controls or extend the wires , RSI makes a 6" longer brake line so I see no problem there and you can get a powermadd throttle cable extension you may have to get a smaller riser like a 1" if they make one or a 2" or you may not have to do anything , get the bars and do a test fit to see what needs to be done .....just remember " anything can be done just may take a little work and thinking....

I put a 9" riser on a RX-1 before for a guy ;)! ;)!

i put some carmichael se bars on this summer with a 3 inch riser i previously had. the bars have less sweep both back and up and are about 3/4" wider on each side. lots of room for controls and the oem heated handlebar warmers. i reused my warmers by carefully cutting the grip off and drilling out the rivets (no warmer about half way down the j hook so start there). then i used a razor blade to cut the warmer off the bar, it has a foam backer making it pretty easy to get off. they still work great. i have the mtx throttle cable due to a routing mistake last year with the riser and the brake line reaches when it is re-routed over the rad shroud instead of under it. i don't have grips on yet because i'm ordering the polaris rmk/switchback assault pro taper bar ends.

Attachments

• CAM00081.jpg
    CAM00081.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 261
  • CAM00082.jpg
    CAM00082.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 237
  • CAM00083.jpg
    CAM00083.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 296
Thanks for the information guys. It's giving me more confidence to jump on a set if I come across some. I've saw some take off sets sell on snowest so I am keeping my eyes out. My biggest concern was being able to wire up the warmers to the yammi system and fitting the brake and throttle block on. I am familiar with stretching cables as I did it when I put a 6in rise on my 02 viper.

As for the warmers and grips. My motivation for changing is my ride style. I just feel the nytro grips are too bulky for my liking compared to the rmks and I like their hook style. Also last season I rode the sled about 300 miles and my warmers failed. Replaced them under warranty and they failed again after 100 miles. I partially think it's because they were glued on properly and the grips are twisting enough to break the warmer element due to my aggressive riding style like I have with my dirtbike. Until my warranty is up I don't plan on spending too much of my own cash on the bars unless I come across something like the polaris take off bars. Once warranty is up and they fail I will go all out on bars if I haven't replaced them by then

I put cork on my bars then the grip heater ( you can get the cork from skidoo)and the Polaris grip heaters will wire right in you just have to wire the high wire witch I think it's the blue wire and can double check when I get to the shop and let you know , as far as the blocks most bars are the same size (7/8)so they will fit just fine

Awesome that's what I wanted to hear. I figured they were 7/8 and would fit. I never was a fan of the 1 1/8 fat bars on the dirtbike anyways. I'll definitely be keeping my eyes out for some take of bars then. Ik it might be slightly picky or whatever you wanna call it but all the dealerships and shows I go to and stand on sleds I'm am hooked on the feel of the polaris set up. Maybe it has to do with coming off a bike idk but I just don't like the feel I have with my bars on the nytro.

Ps 09nytro, we should get together and ride sometime. My aunt has a house in grayling but mostly I either ride out of a friends place in Wolverine or a cabin out of Mio when the snow is good. That and we do a couple trips to the UP, Grand Marais or Curtis area. Hit me up with a pm if ya want

Ya that would be cool....I'm right on old lake road , I'm not far from the old barn but most people know it as The Red Barn....
I put RSI bars on my nytro because I didn't like the stock ones either

Back