• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

QS3 Aft shock rub

I know a few Yamaha diehards are laughing about this but Yamaha has done similar engineering errors. Here are 2 Singleshot shocks from Apex. If relay rods wear at all and they do the grease zerk stabs the shock eyelet which can crack body or bend eyelet. I guess it’s a Snowmobile thing. Have to really look everywhere.
86630425-62EF-4A65-90E8-AA2B6E29F48F.jpeg

For now since new eyelets are B/O, the best thing I can do is grind the knuckle edges all the way down to the base tube which is what I just did. I painted it all black again so I'll be able to tell if it still hits. My bump stops look like new. I suppose I could increase the thickness of them somehow? I'm riding tomorrow so I'll find out if it still hits. Hope this will get me through this season. This summer hopefully the revised eyelets will become available.

If your hitting i would also go up one notch on the rear springs. Mine still hit after grinding down.
Now running the updated shock with no issues.

For now since new eyelets are B/O, the best thing I can do is grind the knuckle edges all the way down to the base tube which is what I just did. I painted it all black again so I'll be able to tell if it still hits. My bump stops look like new. I suppose I could increase the thickness of them somehow? I'm riding tomorrow so I'll find out if it still hits. Hope this will get me through this season. This summer hopefully the revised eyelets will become available.
That’s it. And if it bottoms just crank up compression or springs. Don’t let it bottom.

It only hits maybe 1 or 2 times a day. Maybe I'll just put one spring up on "2" and leave the other on "1". I'm about 210 in riding gear.

Cannondale says the 45 deg end cap is available again but around $170 just for part.

Would you have the part numbers? I'm wondering how close to the price of the 3704-252 I would be at that point. thank you

Back