• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Quick Stud Question..

SledFreak

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Current 2020 ThunderCat. - SOLD!
I have a set of 144 Stud Boy Powerpoints. I am going to run a 4-2 pattern down the middle, using double and single backers. Don't have the round backers yet. On the 4 bars I am going to run double backers... I have a set of 48 woody's double backers for the double bars... Should I NOT use them and get the stud boy doubles. I have to buy singles for the 2 bar ones, so I was going to get the stud boy singles for that. Should I use the woody's doubles plates or go buy the stud boy doubles? Will there be any issue mixing brands...

I've only done this with single backers before switching over to the Stud Boy super lite pro single and double backers, but I would always run either Woodys Golddiggers or Megabites with Stud Boy Power Plate backers and never had any issues mixing the two brands.

I have a set of 144 Stud Boy Powerpoints. I am going to run a 4-2 pattern down the middle, using double and single backers. Don't have the round backers yet. On the 4 bars I am going to run double backers... I have a set of 48 woody's double backers for the double bars... Should I NOT use them and get the stud boy doubles. I have to buy singles for the 2 bar ones, so I was going to get the stud boy singles for that. Should I use the woody's doubles plates or go buy the stud boy doubles? Will there be any issue mixing brands...

I have used other backers with different brand studs with no issues.

I have the exact same set-up you are referring to with 144 PP's and Woody' Doubles and Singles in the 144 (4-2) pattern. No problems in 2 seasons and over 7000 kms.

Back