• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

R-Motion in a 2007 Apex RTX ?

Thanks, How well does it transfer?

l put a cat Z1 Turbo rear skid in my 2005 RX1.and GYTR front shocks on it. My sled has never road better. Corners flat and hooks awesome. I just bought an 2006 Apex RTX that the owner said nothing rides as good as this RTX. He claims it rides better than any of the sleds out there. I am egar to try it out but it won't be until the end of the month. Even if it does ride good, I am sure it will not hook on a icy surface like my RX1 does now.

I'd say it transfers a little less, but nothing really noticeable. I was in fact afraid I would lose some handling, but not at all. It's a lot more confortable, and the snowmobile is way easier to handle on bumpy corners.

The RTX is a unique beast to say the least. I have snowtrackers agressive on and oilite bushing kit in front. It rides like a go-kart, but the original suspension is total hell in my opinion. I have tried Vipers, 2011,12,15 Apexes, and I still would not part from my old RTX. The 22T gearing makes it so exciting (but from what I read this setup only came in 2007-08).

I'm surprised that it is not transferring better, maybe it just needs some fine tuning. Riding buddy has a 1200 with r motion and it is so dm quick out of the hole, it will hold off an Apex for quite a ways... his 800 etec was the same way. But I love what you have done....taken the best skid and put it in a sled with the best motor. Keep us in the loop to how it performs in the future. Some more pics would be nice too....

I'll try to post more pics this week-end. Here's one for now:

img_1310.jpg

I only have about 200km done on it, but I couldn't be happier with this setup.

Sasquatch is right...it's apples and oranges, or lemons.....the doos ride good because of rider position....it's still the same old stuff...r motion....link this...link that..shocks on top of the tunnel...axyz shmakzis..one year it's the greatest...and the next year, well, last year sucked...blah blah blah...a reworked mono is a fantastic ride...stutters, bumps, junk....just the g outs and bottoming are the only fault....set up is everything. ..cost a few bucks, but once you get it...it's a nice ride and you don't have to sit over the spark plugs, or have a sled that looks like it has a gantry crane mounted behind the seat.

THANK YOU for the pics! My take on the R-motion is simply this, let the springs handle the little stuff (studders) for the plush ride and let the shocks take care of the big hits in a progress manner, just as they advertise.

Sasquatch is right...it's apples and oranges, or lemons.....the doos ride good because of rider position....it's still the same old stuff...r motion....link this...link that..shocks on top of the tunnel...axyz shmakzis..one year it's the greatest...and the next year, well, last year sucked...blah blah blah...a reworked mono is a fantastic ride...stutters, bumps, junk....just the g outs and bottoming are the only fault....set up is everything. ..cost a few bucks, but once you get it...it's a nice ride and you don't have to sit over the spark plugs, or have a sled that looks like it has a gantry crane mounted behind the seat.

I would tend to agree, but the 2007 has the Proaction suspension (not a monoshock) which is unsettable. Believe me, I tried for 4 years. After the 3rd time it broke, I felt the need to change and saw a good deal on a R-Motion, that's it.

I agree also, and why I bought a low miles 06 apex. Not a fan of that twin shocker, which the 05 vector has without the gassers.
I just welded that pivot on the front arm for a friend...on the twin shock old chassis nytro....we swapped my vector springs and got it a little better, and I'm a former doo guy...point was, with the right springs and shock valving, transfer settings, etc, I got my monoshock great...but want more...the sucker bottom shot is catching up with me..getting old...I know it won't be perfect, but I think the hygear will let me back off and not pile in. Riding style has a lot to do with everything...I need handling in big field country, so everything is low, sort of harsh until over 60 or so, then really settles in...and bumps are taken under acceleration....slowing down is bad....lol...I will say my old sc-10 2's suspension never bottomed..but...nice install..sled looks very cool! Need some yellow idlers to pay proper homage to the doo suspension!

I'd say it transfers a little less, but nothing really noticeable. I was in fact afraid I would lose some handling, but not at all. It's a lot more confortable, and the snowmobile is way easier to handle on bumpy corners.

The RTX is a unique beast to say the least. I have snowtrackers agressive on and oilite bushing kit in front. It rides like a go-kart, but the original suspension is total hell in my opinion. I have tried Vipers, 2011,12,15 Apexes, and I still would not part from my old RTX. The 22T gearing makes it so exciting (but from what I read this setup only came in 2007-08).

I think I want to go ahead with this. Anymore info on the mounting points or issues you have had?

I would tend to agree, but the 2007 has the Proaction suspension (not a monoshock) which is unsettable. Believe me, I tried for 4 years. After the 3rd time it broke, I felt the need to change and saw a good deal on a R-Motion, that's it.
Sounds like my post I made 5 yrs ago. I have the same sled and went back and forth with looking into another OEM skid to put in mine... a little more money but I install a M-10 air and have not looked back . Really made the missing link to a great sled. The R motion looks very happy in that sled by the way.

Back