• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

radiator and fan removal

adam718

Veteran
I have seen where some of you have removed the radiator and fan. I removed the extra catch bottle. I would like to remove the radiator and fan. Has anyone had overheating problem after removing this stuff.

info

I've spoken to several guys over the years that removed them without issue's. I was worrid about codes or running issues but was told no worries by several tyrbo guys that have done the mod. I'll be doing mine this summer! My radiator never comes on so I wouldn't expect any cooling issue....don't ride hard trails or run scratchers and you'll be fine!

Thanks for the info Gotjuice. I am going to try this mod also. It is easy to go back if it doesn't work right.

rad removal

i just put a piece of 1 inch silicon hose from the bottle down to the cooler,used a tie wrap to hold it.Silicon hose will bend and not kink if done right.
good luck,and i dont have pics.sorry

I have run without fan, radiator or overflow bottle for two seasons now with no trouble or overheating. I do use scratchers. I just turned the upper hose around spliced it to the lower hose with 2 hose clamps and a short piece of copper tubing. zip tie this to the bar on the outside of the footwell to keep hoses away from the brake. Fits perfect! ;)!

Back