• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rebuildable shock?

Deeppow16

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Arctic Cat M8000
2009 Yamaha Nytro MTX (Totaled)
2002 Polaris 600 XCSP (Sold)
1999 Ski-doo Formula 500 (Totaled)
I'm guessing this shock can't be rebuilt. Am I correct? Doesn't take much pressure to push it down. Does getting a new shock help with sag any? I just got heavier springs for it so those should help.

Attachments

• IMG_20160917_103309605.jpg
    IMG_20160917_103309605.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 117

That is NOT rebuildable Its a steel body cheapo
Ok thats what I had thought. What would be a good shock to put in there that won't break the bank?

Measure the fully extended shock length and closed length, then you can try a Fox Float or maybe the XTX shock would work.

Measure the fully extended shock length and closed length, then you can try a Fox Float or maybe the XTX shock would work.
Ok I'll look into tomorrow and see what I come up with!

I might have a shock for you and then you can always have it set up to your liking.
Alright I'll take some measurements tomorrow and let you.

I might have a shock for you and then you can always have it set up to your liking.
Ok so I took some measurements. Open the shock is 17" eye to eye. Closed its about 11.375" eye to eye.IMG_20160923_155344540.jpg IMG_20160923_155307629.jpg

I have a few options here for you if still need something.

Have a new aftermarket steel body for $100. Also have a good used piggyback aluminum rebuildable with dampening adjustment for $250

I looked thru my stuff looks like I don't have what u need but Travis ( hibshmas25) posted and can take care of u.

I have a few options here for you if still need something.

Have a new aftermarket steel body for $100. Also have a good used piggyback aluminum rebuildable with dampening adjustment for $250
Ok, Yeah I think I would just take the aftermarket steel body as I plan on selling after this winter so I don't want to put to much into the sled. How do I get a shock from you? Paypal?

Back