• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Replacement for VP Import fuel

mulot30th

Lifetime Member
Website
youtube.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2023 thundercat
apex mountain crracing 174
apex blower 136 for asphalt racing
osp drag race sled (apex engine based)
Could VPC23 be as good with high boost level?

Just asking as look like ISR has ruled out Import this year...

Thats the best fuel for BIG boost applications in my humble opinion. I use that rather than Import. I know Import is Oxygenated but I have yet to see a power difference when each fuel is tuned correctly, and Import costs more. :flag:

No it won't but it is a good fuel. Right now Import fuel is the best fuel for running on the edge & having a safety net. The timing & boost you can run without deto is amazing.
With c23 on a stock compression rx1 motor we know that at about 29#'s of boost 25 degrees of timing it will lift the head almost everytime (we've done it about 4 times on a friends sled). With Import we are able to run a few more pounds of boost & more timing without lifting the head. We haven't went much higher on the boost yet but will this year.
Will they allow Q16? or no ox. fuels.

You Michigan guys are fast enough so I have to watch what I say here, I plan on going there this winter. LOL
C23 and Import are similar fuels, Octane that is. That being said, other than the oxygen, I can't see why we need to run all the "Tails" in the fuel. Import take's more heat to vaporize. Now I will grant you turbo motors have plenty of heat so I doubt it will make it to the combustion chamber a liquid, at least with a fuel injected engine, maybe with bad carborators. So, unlike a 2 stroke, no piston cooling will take place because of the difference in fuel and is not needed in a 4 stroke anyway, we have the extra stroke for that. VP beats their chest about the fact that it's oxygenated and will make 5% more power, like I said I haven't seen it and the price is ridiculous.
I'm not saying it's bad mind you but I will say something is wrong with this picture. I run MORE boost MORE timing and never lifted the head.
All in all whatever works for you DO IT. :flag:

hey greg, just picked up the cover for stator and going to ship to you on monday. what fuel should i run john said c16 is that enough? also told john you need the other parts which he said he has. just wanted to touch base. brett richardson

This was just our experience (and a couple other race teams that are sold on Import) with Import and C23 on a carbed sled (old school test sled). To each there own as I saw your sled run at Haydays and it was wicked fast. But there is a reason why the fastest Import drag cars in the nation run import fuel. C23 is a good fuel no doubt about that. We run Import because we feel it gives us an edge and really who cares about how much it costs when it comes to engine replacement for an alternative.
Mulot in your situation I believe there is no other option than running C23 because of rules.

Thanks, but wasn't quite fast enough this year. I must say Brent/OSP, "YOU MICHIGAN GUYS" got it together that weekend. I have to give credit to those guys, they put on a show. I still don't believe it was the Import fuel, but maybe the burn rate of it with the way your tuning the engine, thus your success with it.
One thing for sure I will keep looking into fuels, Import included, as it happens to be something that trips my trigger and always has my interest.
Like I said if it works for you, use it where you can.
Best of Luck

So I assume c23 can be a good alternatve.

maybe trim a degree or two from timing in comparison to import?

Propane%20Exceptional%20Energy%20Smaller%20logo.jpg

sorry, just had to throw it out there for fun.

you guys run to much boost..

ethanol does not pass test.

need to be NOT OXYGENATED

even pump gaz sometimes does not pass test because of ethanol additive

Back