• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Replacing Factory Graphics

mattison

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 RS Vector, 2011 Apex SE, 2016 Apex LE
2016 Apex LE, I want to change out one of the graphic stickers that suffered from a cover rubbing on it. Does anyone have any tricks to install new sticker without getting bubbles from the slight curve of the panel (side panel)?

Get the old decal off and all of the adhesive. A Little heat from a hair dryer helps loosen the old adhesive. If this is on a smooth or painted panel this has worked for me. Once it’s clean mix up a little soap and water in a spray bottle and wet down the panel. Peel off the backing and place the new decal on the panel. You can easily reposition it with the soapy water under it. When you have it where you want it start in the middle and squeegee towards the edges. Lightly blot it dry with a towel and let it sit. It will dry out after a day or so and be good to go.

Thanks. Wasn't sure the soapy water trick would work on these stickers. There's a clear plastic layer on the face of the sticker, does this need to come off first?

I usually take off any protective film after the decal has been applied.

Thanks. Wasn't sure the soapy water trick would work on these stickers. There's a clear plastic layer on the face of the sticker, does this need to come off first?
That extra layer is called "premask". This helps keep the graphic together and aids in installing the graphic without stretching it. If using soapy water to install the graphic wait a day for the water to dry out and the adhesive to stick to the plastic

With the curve of the panel, it seems like the graphic would have to stretch a bit to conform.

I used a heat gun to help with the curves and I also used Windex instead of soap and water

just installed new graphics today

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 84
Lol, no mistaking what model of sled that is! Good Work!

Back