• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Replacing track tension collar 8DM-47479-00-00

ArcticRookie

Country
Norway
Snowmobile
Yamaha Venture MP 2019
I am a total newcomer to all things motorized and need to replace a broken tension collar (No. 63).
Would anyone be able to give me a list of steps of what needs to be done?

Thanks
1713366382572.png
1713366414691.png

If part #63 is in fact on the "nut "(#27) side it is simple.
Remove parts #64 and #65. Then remove the nut, wheel, spacer and washer. Then slide the long bolt (#56) out until it clears #63 and remove it.

x2 on what steiner said. i have broken a few of those over the years and now salvage all the ones i can and keep new ones around as spares.

added tip, if it is angled, you want it pointing further away from the rail. cannot get socket on to adj tension if if is angled to the rail. just did that oop's on my dads sled during its service.

That pic is wrong IMO. Solid axel should go in from left to right, and the nut on the right side of the sled. If the nut is on the left, it can freeze overnight, and when you take off in the am it can loosen the nut. Happened to me. Lost the nut and the wheel before I saw it.

It ended up being pretty straightforward, thanks for the advice everyone

all of my sleds have it on the clutch side and all came that way from factory as well :dunno:

Back