• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Reverse freezing up

Yes. I gave all the moving parts (except pads of course) a light coating of white lithium (or any synthetic) cold weather, water resistant, grease and haven't had a problem since. I am, however, going to do it again this year before the snow gets to deep just in case.

If its already frozen, hose it down with gas line antifreeze, wait for it to evaporate (while working it), then grease it. No need for fancy grease -- ATF, chain lube, bearing grease, hell, even vaseline will do the job. Anything that won't freeze and water won't mix with.

Mine never froze up till this year, gonna thaw it out and grease her up. Thanks for the tips!

Mine froze for the first time this morning, after lots of powder riding last night (sat in an un-heated garage overnight).

It loosened up after it got warm. I suppose there are more "pressing" problems. Lube as the others said, and forget about it.

Back