• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Right grip no heat

auto2665

Extreme
The heaters on both grips worked well at start of day but part way into the ride the right grip went dead. there were no error codes. I use a Yamaheater so I checked all the connections and they seemed good. I measured the voltage at the connector from the Yamaheater to the grips which were the orange and black going to 2 black wires. Voltage measured was 14V I believe. Same measurement on the left side gave similar results. The next day I went out the grips were still dead but part way into the ride they went on. Stayed on for about an hour them dead again. Do I have a bad connection or a failed heating element?

Sounds like you may have a bad connection going to the element. Check the cable running up the bars to the grips. Pay special attention around the throttle block.
Also ohm out the cable. The cable will have two black wires for the element at the connector under the dash panel.
Should be around 6.3 ohms. If 0 or open then the element or connection to it is broken.

I had the same issue on my Nytro with the Yamaheater system installed on it. When I put the OFT steering relocate kit in I found that the wires leading to the grips between the upper steering shaft mount and the handle bar mount had rubbed through and were shorting out. I replaced a section of one wire and the shrink wrapped and re-taped the rest of them. They work consistently now.

Back