• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RTX LE owners

I got 3000 miles out of mine and it was fucked.. Got a 1.5 Ripsaw for the season if I ever get my sled back

I also should ask how many of the 1.75 tracks are still holding up well and how many miles?
For what it's worth, I love the 1.75 Back country on my Apex XTX. Any top end sacrifice is made up by the fun factor of the corner to corner pull.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Well I decided to put the same track back on and put the gearing back as well. I know that the first season I ran the track hard on minimal snow accelerating hard on frozen bean field. I'm sure if I am a bit more careful I should do better this time around. If the job is not overly difficult (dreading the potential caliper/rotor ordeal) I'll do it again provided I keep the sled. If I sell it I have no doubt that one quick blast will impress any prospective buyers.

I've been contemplating a new Sidewinder, but I don't know that I can give Screwmaha any more of my money. They have such a poor track record:

2014+ Starting and starter gear screwing
2015 Viper RTX LE shock screwing
2016 Viper Rod failures screwing
2017 SidewinderRTX LE skid screwing

I buy a lot of toys. High end toys at that. I research well, and while I am seldom satisfied stock as is I have only ever been screwed once. Maybe moving snowmobile ops to Canada will help? Not holding my breath.

TD, they wouldn't give joe any other track but a ripsaw 1. Dealer did it all for no charge. They couldn't even use the ripsaw track they had in stock, they had to order a new one in. Kinda stupid but.....it is what it is.
As far as my track, I have just shy of 3000 miles and it looks like brand new. Between joe and I, I would say I'm more throttle happy than he is so I can't explain why some have come apart and other don't. But now after riding Joes sled I'm glad mine has not come apart, I'll give a little top end for better hole shot, corner to corner and braking. I think it's a good choice to stay with your track, it just sucks that it's a boring sled on wide open trails.

Its TD's area when lower snow. When we rode with him there was a lot of rocks. I agree that sled is a hoot stock! I would be hunting down 300 ft drags for sure or TD you can join me at local MX track!

Back