• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Running out of gear

allyammies

VIP Member
Well after 648 miles love the sled 0 to 70.Problem is cant get much over 80mph just seems to be running out of gear still have throttle but just doesnt go.So do we run a different gear?

What type of rpm is it running to only get 80mph? My sled hit 80 with only 10 miles on it. At 60 miles it hit 100. Gotta have your engine running at 8900-9000 rpm. Any more or less than that and you aren't using the full hp on the engine and you prolly won't be able to get much over 80. If your rpm is right or somewhat close this sled will do 100+ in stock form

Studroes144 said:
What type of rpm is it running to only get 80mph? My sled hit 80 with only 10 miles on it. At 60 miles it hit 100. Gotta have your engine running at 8900-9000 rpm. Any more or less than that and you aren't using the full hp on the engine and you prolly won't be able to get much over 80. If your rpm is right or somewhat close this sled will do 100+ in stock form
x2 this has to be clutching I would check clutching rpm and if that's fine check springs for binding...track tension will not bring it down 20mph its in the clutching...mark the clutches and check for full shift. your belt should be alittle above the top of the driven/secondary also.

Bring it to the dealer something is wrong. Even in powder 80 is easily had. Sure you are on mph and not km's?

cannondale27 said:
Oh yeah got that backwards! No more wine for me. Sorry.

New Year's Eve, wine is good, enjoy!

I have almost 800 miles on now and the best I have seen is 87 mph it's jumps to 8900 then drops to about 8500 then slowly climbs back to about 8600. Guess I'll be looking for a clutch kit.

Clutch kit should help u a lot. U want it to be right in the 8900 range on a launch but as soon as it starts to pull down the rpm it kills the power and momentum big time. Mine is set up to launch to right around 9000 and it never falls below 8800 and it pulls hard all the way to 80. Haven't had a chance or good snow conditions to try out too speed yet with my clutch kit but 0-80 it's a blast

Question, are all Vipers geared and clutch weights the same? Anybody know without spending a ton of time in the fiche?

I know that I have a turbo, but I have stock gears and I have know problem seeing 110+ I realize that I have more hp than stock to see them speeds! but the gears are fine. Maybe clutching would be a thought. I have a lot of clutch work done, and I know what a pain it is to get it just right for your own liking? But once you get her dialed in its worth it. My Nytro when it was stock everything had problems seeing much over 100 with max speed at 103. So the Viper is real close to even faster top speed, but I think it gets there faster. :Rockon:

stingray719 said:
Question, are all Vipers geared and clutch weights the same? Anybody know without spending a ton of time in the fiche?

Attachments

• srv-10drive.JPG
    srv-10drive.JPG
    190.2 KB · Views: 170

Back