• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX windshield question

BlkHawk73

Veteran
Wanting a taller, tall one probably, windshield on the '05. Thinking the Nytro shields will work. Am I correct?

No a nytro will not fit go yamaha web site an look at the accessories windshields you will find what to want.

I use the xtra tall and wide, fugly, but warm. The older RS Nytro windshield will fit.

Attachments

• 2012-02-17_16-03-52_269-qpr.jpg
    2012-02-17_16-03-52_269-qpr.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 153
Not ugly at all Indy! I like practical more than fashionable. ;)! Thinking I want one not quite that tall though.

Fine looking sled Indy.I have always liked the windsheild that my o5 RX1 came with . It is large and it keeps the wind out very well.even at St.Ig.Mich.where It was just flat out cold.as large as it is it still looks sweet.is it an 05?and what skis are those?

Had hoped to see how I really like this short one this weekend but weather wasn't letting than happen so it'll be next weekend. In the mean time, I'll be seeking the best place to get a tall one. Gonna start with the forum sponsors. :)

BlkHawk73, if an 06 RS Venture windshield will fit your sled then I recently removed my orginal tall windshield & installed the OEM medium size. If you're still looking for a tall windshield, I'd gladly supply you pics of mine that you can have for short money. I still have dealers box from when they sent me my windshield, I can use that box to ship you my orginal OEM tall.

This is a link of my windshield replacement: http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=116603

Thanks, Carl

blueRX1bird said:
Fine looking sled Indy.I have always liked the windsheild that my o5 RX1 came with . It is large and it keeps the wind out very well.even at St.Ig.Mich.where It was just flat out cold.as large as it is it still looks sweet.is it an 05?and what skis are those?

Thanks. My old girl is an 03. the skis are Simmons Gen 1. the windshield came from Port Yamaha, it is the largest they make for the RX/RS sled. The sled does have an 05 seat rather than the Apex seat. I don't like the look of the Apex seat or the sitting position. Even with the 05 RX seat, and the height of the windshield. I still look over it. I am only 6" tall.

Attachments

• 2012-02-17_16-03-32_557-qpr.jpg
    2012-02-17_16-03-32_557-qpr.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 2012-02-17_16-04-44_96-qpr.jpg
    2012-02-17_16-04-44_96-qpr.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 119
Indy said:
blueRX1bird said:

Thanks. My old girl is an 03. the skis are Simmons Gen 1. the windshield came from Port Yamaha, it is the largest they make for the RX/RS sled. The sled does have an 05 seat rather than the Apex seat. I don't like the look of the Apex seat or the sitting position. Even with the 05 RX seat, and the height of the windshield. I still look over it. I am only 6" tall.

You need to invest in some ski rollers so you quit scratching up your cement driveway and wearing out your ski wear bars! Nice windy indy! lol

Sled Dog said:
Indy said:
blueRX1bird said:

You need to invest in some ski rollers so you quit scratching up your cement driveway and wearing out your ski wear bars! Nice windy indy! lol

Thanks Dog,
I have a couple sets of rollers, a ceiling winch, an atv jack, and a sled cart thingy. These pics are from the end of last season and getting ready to drive them on the trailer for the summer. ON the other hand, my garage floor and driveway have quite a few deep gouges from the sleds. I like the scratches, when I see them all of the time, especially in the summer, it makes me think of sledding.

All set - well, in progress anyways. Got a high one en route. Might not be here for weekend riding but it's coming. I do appreciate the help and pictures. :)

Back