• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

(Season 2013-14) TY Mileage – Yellowknife

Wow you guys have a really long riding season compared to us here in Vt. We have two months if we're lucky.

I'm grateful for our long seasons. 6 months of riding is pretty amazing.

Well, here's the final episode of the season, short and sweet. The temperatures today were 5 degree's below freezing, so things are cooling off here and hopefully this season will be a lot better all around!

2014 Snowmobile Season: Episode Twenty One: End of Season HD (720p) http://youtu.be/U4-RkgJGwrw

Video Description: The final trip of the season to the lodge with Scott, Richard, Randy, Maureen and Brayden. Randy explodes a belt on his Venture MP, stopping in at Watta Lake Lodge, conditions deteriorate in front of our eyes, catching a few trout, the season ends raining on us during our ride home, and end of season statistics on current and previous mileage.

Cheers and thanks for watching the vids from last season!

YK

Looks like the Viper troubles hampered how many miles you racked up last winter. Here's to a trouble free new season.

Like you I had extremely high hopes for the Viper xtx as I also purchased one last year. After watching all of your videos, I find myself wondering if I should just put it up for sale and take my loses. I didn't quite get 1000 mi on it last year and fear I will start having many problems like you. I have already had a few of the same. What is your opinion on what kind of sled you may or should get as a replacement. I find myself thinking about skidoo however have always been loyal to yamaha. What are your thoughts? REALLY enjoy the videos! Keep it up!

Allen I have two words for you.... "THANK YOU" You make all of us mere normal people feel like coming north to Canada........Your vids bring a BIG smile to my face every time.... You have become quite the film maker.. Keep up the wonderful stories. Love the cast of misfits you run around with... If I had a dollar for every can of fuel you guys have gone through I could retire...................Pause...............That's right, I am retired.LaLaLa
Best of luck next season what ever you decide to do with that Yammacat thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MM.

Looks like the Viper troubles hampered how many miles you racked up last winter. Here's to a trouble free new season.

It did hamper it, and so did the extremely cold winter. Fingers crossed that this season is not like that. So far we're getting our snow very late and it all started with 3 weeks of -30's.

What are you gonna be riding this coming season?

The same fleet as last year - 08 Mtx 09 XTX and 14 Viper

Like you I had extremely high hopes for the Viper xtx as I also purchased one last year. After watching all of your videos, I find myself wondering if I should just put it up for sale and take my loses. I didn't quite get 1000 mi on it last year and fear I will start having many problems like you. I have already had a few of the same. What is your opinion on what kind of sled you may or should get as a replacement. I find myself thinking about skidoo however have always been loyal to yamaha. What are your thoughts? REALLY enjoy the videos! Keep it up!

Many of my problems started quickly - so it would depend on the severity of your issues. I'm testing the fuel mapping (early stages) and there are mixed results, but in each of the 3 cold start tests so far, the sled HAS started on the second try each time.

If you could go out and buy a new sled today that is in the crossover department, I'd say your best bet on a proven machine that has been around the block is a Renegade 600 E-TEC. If you want 4 stroke - then the 600 ACE probably isn't enough jam for you if you want Viper power - but I would purchase one of those 600 ACE sleds (think of it like Phazer power) rather than the 1200 4-TEC, cause I'm not a fan of that motor.

Allen I have two words for you.... "THANK YOU" You make all of us mere normal people feel like coming north to Canada........Your vids bring a BIG smile to my face every time.... You have become quite the film maker.. Keep up the wonderful stories. Love the cast of misfits you run around with... If I had a dollar for every can of fuel you guys have gone through I could retire...................Pause...............That's right, I am retired.LaLaLa
Best of luck next season what ever you decide to do with that Yammacat thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MM.

ahahaha Thanks!! I want to be retired too. My dream is to snowmobile from coast to coast across Canada in one winter.

Speaking of new video's - for those needing it, here's the link to the 2015 thread.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/threads/2014-2015-yellowknife-mileage-log.131289/

Cheers,

YK

Back