• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Serious Gains for a stock Nytro. Hindle and Hurricane

Well...slowing down Daranellos vid showed it took him 20 seconds to hit 110 from a dead stop...so a guess would be more than 2000 ft.

NsNyTro said:
shaddow44 said:
NsNyTro said:
What is the Airbox mod everyone is running???
110mph in 1000 feet...sign me up!!! LoL

You have to ask Dave @ Hurricane for the mod...all I can say is it made a 6hp difference on the dyno....but that was also with the full Hindle system...they kinda go hand and hand.
Well do they Mod the airbox itself or just use Filters?

I think the K&Ns would work great with the hindle and correct PC. Its just that the air box mod is cheaper. Dave @ Hurricane is the one who developed and tested it on the dyno, so we give him that credit.
I wish I had K&Ns or Fix Powersports on hand during the dyno session, I would have liked to see the comparsion results.

shaddow44 said:
Well...slowing down Daranellos vid showed it took him 20 seconds to hit 110 from a dead stop...so a guess would be more than 2000 ft.

I feather the throtle up slowly cause I was doing it one handed with my canon camera in my left hand :Rockon:

dubla92 said:
I wondered about the 1000' too but i did not think that the MPH was unachievable. I think it was yurk that said the #'s were complete bs. I tend to disagree. Piped sx's and stock srxs will pull those speeds and they are about the same hp and weight as a modded nytro.

JM.02

Turk uses the Cobra track. You hit the cobra "wall" with that track. Turk also mostly only runs in a 1000feet. Very easy to hit 110mph on a Nytro XTX that has a full Exhaust, filters, clutching and tuned. I still don't understand why he thinks it won't. I believe he does NOT see those speeds because he runs a bigger lug track over the stocker. Plowed road or ice will show big numbers on a Nytro with those mods , stock studded track....

dubla92 said:
Somebody started a thread lastnight stating that they seen 110 to 115mph in 1000' with a full Hindle system, air box mod, 22 tooth upper gear, and pc5 w/ autotune and was imediatley slammed and called a liar. The thread has been removed even though it was verified on GPS. After reading this thread I don't think it was BS. Seems there are some significant top speed gains to be had with this system. What RPM are these systems running at top see these speeds.

The Hindle system on my sled made the same peak HP from 8900 to 9200. The system really shines in the upper rpm range, and you can feel the pull...the sled just doesn't seem to wanna let up. Just out of curiosity who were the guys slamming him.....seems to me if someone backs up a statement with gps or radar they shouldn't be called a liar.

Something else to remember ( and this is no slight or disrespect to Turk ) but Turk doesn't run this system or all of these mods, which equal a 19hp gain ( I assume this fella is running the exact same setup as Mach9 )...plus someone stated he was geared up and clutched? anythings possible.

Just to clear the air a bit, this is what Turk responded to.
I've been field testing with Hindle full system & pc5, airbox mod with great results. gained 8-10 lengths in 1000' & 10 to 15 mph on top speed. Seeing no reliability issues after 1000km. Fuel economy is great with no driveability issues. Very happy with power output and throttle response.

8-10 lengths in a 1000' and 10-15 mph gain on top , not 110 mph top speed.

Im not a Tuner, so I cant argue what it takes to acheive these gains, but guessing Turk is going by his past experiences. And I am not calling this member a lier either, just filling in some blank spaces for everyone.

Also, keep in mind that this is the very first post this TY member had placed , Turk may have been under the impression this guy was doing a little creative advertising for the Hindle exhaust.

As far as backing up a claim by quoting gps numbers, anything can be posted on here, that doesnt make it true.

The TY Mods are going to be all over me for this!! :o| But Id rather everyone know some of the facts when discussing(not bashing) this topic.

Sno

Hey Sno Xr...thanks for clearing things up a bit, that makes more sense. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful towards Turk, cause I'm not sure what his response was...just saying it's hard to pass judgment on a particular setup without having tested it. Why was the other thread taken down anyway?

I saw 177kph on my speedo...
The real speed is questionable. (speedo error?)
I don't have a GPS, but more likely I'll get on a radar gun in a few weeks.

Sno-Xr said:
Just to clear the air a bit, this is what Turk responded to.
I've been field testing with Hindle full system & pc5, airbox mod with great results. gained 8-10 lengths in 1000' & 10 to 15 mph on top speed. Seeing no reliability issues after 1000km. Fuel economy is great with no driveability issues. Very happy with power output and throttle response.

8-10 lengths in a 1000' and 10-15 mph gain on top , not 110 mph top speed.

Im not a Tuner, so I cant argue what it takes to acheive these gains, but guessing Turk is going by his past experiences. And I am not calling this member a lier either, just filling in some blank spaces for everyone.

Also, keep in mind that this is the very first post this TY member had placed , Turk may have been under the impression this guy was doing a little creative advertising for the Hindle exhaust.

As far as backing up a claim by quoting gps numbers, anything can be posted on here, that doesnt make it true.

The TY Mods are going to be all over me for this!! :o| But Id rather everyone know some of the facts when discussing(not bashing) this topic.

Sno

Thanks clearing that up and Turk definetly knows his stuff...

I'm not so sure about the 1000feet thing.... With Ulmers best setup, this was one of his quotes...

"5 sled lengths gain in acceleration and 8-9 mph on top end" Not sure what the distance was here, but Allen also usually quotes the lesser gain to show that his numbers aren't fudged.

Like I said earlier, no body running a Cobra track will have the same results as someone running a stock or lower profile track...

Guys,

I talked to Amadon before he posted. He is using a full Hindle system (muffler straight out the back). He is also using a PCV with autotune, air box mod and clutching modifications. He has created a PCV map from over 1000 km with the autotune. I have a copy of the map therefore this map is available to any Hindle customer. I believe what he has obtained is true because I know the potential that the Hindle pipe can make. Turk, have you ever seen or tested a Hindle?

Lee Hindle

I saw the topic before it got removed, Turk didn't say one bad thing about Hindle Products or Hindle as a company. He just said that in 1000' he found it hard to believe that the above mods made a sled 15 mph faster and gain 8-10 lengths. I think everyone on this site knows Turk knows his stuff and wouldn't bash something he hasn't tried or seen run. At the same time I think as a tech adviser Turk is going/expected to share input, good or bad regarding performance claims he sees that could possibly lead less knowledgeable individuals such as myself to make decisions based on bad information.

10 lengths in a 1000', would 30 hp give you gains like that? Could it be that this particular users sled was set up HORRIBLY before these mods and changes were made that aided in performance other than just his listed mods?

Yamahaichiban said:
Are those Dyno numbers off the track or the motor?
How much did the work cost?

Motor dyno. Not track dyno.
PCV cost approx. $350
Hindle Stealth cost approx. $900
Inatke mods ?? K&Ns from Ulmer approx $250
Personalized Dyno session @ Hurricane approx. $500
Vent kits for better cooling approx. $200
Clutch kit $300
Running around and buying tools, lubes, glues, fastenerns, hours of fun in the shop busted knuckles etc. Priceless.
Result, for every $100 or so you get 1 HP.
Cheers

Back