• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

She laid over....

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
Got out this morning to do 1,000ft runs. After two power trail passes I switched it up to ms-17 made another pass, no problems RPMs 9050. Never looked at Boost. I switched out helixes and lined up again. Halfway through the pull she laid down, and never got back up. She was able to glide in to the bottom of ramp. It took an hour to coax her up that ramp
I have two buds that put walbro GSS 342's in that have failed. In the last 3 weeks.
#1 direct from Walbro
#2 came from Turbo Dynamics
Me.... Amazon.
So I'm starting to suspect pump failure right off the bat.
I think I saw it flash SD-26 a couple times but it wouldn't stay lit. No idle, Barely running,
Any advice on where to get started will be much appreciated.
*Can we please stay on topic.
IMG_20240107_105450915_HDR_copy_2048x1536.jpg

Sorry to hear man. Might as well pull the plugs and check for compression. I don’t think you got the data logging. If not you may want to consider it in the future. It’s invaluable and I just like the confidence to know what is going on.

Sorry to hear man. Might as well pull the plugs and check for compression. I don’t think you got the data logging. If not you may want to consider it in the future. It’s invaluable and I just like the confidence to know what is going on.
Correct, No data logs. I did a compression test the year before last and all three were identical. But I'll check it out.

Last edited:
PTO on the right side, others in order. I'll have compression readings as soon as I can find my gauge. Lol
IMG_20240107_134837064_copy_2048x1536.jpg

#1 175psi
#2 175psi
#3 ??? Lunch break.
Note; don't get caught up in the readings, look at consistency
Any gamblers in here?

Motor is good! Thats my gamble.
This is what testing is for.
Fuel pump related or no fuel in tank...
Man, you're on it. As I got her on the 45° angle the fuel light came on. I threw 2 gallons in her, same. And then once I got her down on the ground it's the same problem.
I'm speculating fuel pump. Considering putting the stocker in. I like his idea on compression, just in case

#3 175psi.
The flickering SD 26 has to do with manifold pressure. I know the three bar maps were causing issues and defective a while back. So I'm guessing fuel pump or possibly something to do with manifold pressure?!?!
6 in of snow heading my way, please have mercy on me...

#3 175psi.
The flickering SD 26 has to do with manifold pressure. I know the three bar maps were causing issues and defective a while back. So I'm guessing fuel pump or possibly something to do with manifold pressure?!?!
6 in of snow heading my way, please have mercy on me...
Read the codes using the flasher. Do you have a fuel pump out of range code?

Check the fuel pump plugins close to make sure they are not burned too.

Is it also possible the line from the pump is leaking internal? If I remember correctly I thought you used a shrink on hose? Perhaps thats leaking pressure? I always use the pumps from Hurricane and they come with a hose that can be submerged in gas and clamp that on using worm gear clamps. Something to check.

Could be a bad MAP SENSOR. What’s it read at idle , also check for a major boost leak or like has been said a leaking fuel line to the pump

Read the codes using the flasher. Do you have a fuel pump out of range code?

Check the fuel pump plugins close to make sure they are not burned too.
Is it also possible the line from the pump is leaking internal? If I remember correctly I thought you used a shrink on hose? Perhaps thats leaking pressure? I always use the pumps from Hurricane and they come with a hose that can be submerged in gas and clamp that on using worm gear clamps. Something to check.
Use flasher to verify codes. I'll have to figure out how to do that.
I'll need to pull pump to check electrical connectors. I'm not sure how to test that fuel line for a leak connection? Also it is submersible.
Can I pull the assembly out like 5 in and then key it up?
Could be a bad MAP SENSOR. What’s it read at idle , also check for a major boost leak or like has been said a leaking fuel line to the pump
No test equipment to verify map sensor operation?!?!

Back