• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

She laid over....

You can use whatever plug you want, but I use NGK CR9EK dual ground electrode plugs myself. They are dual ground electrode plugs and one step colder than stock plugs.
If you can hear the pump working key on, but engine off, I suspect the pickups in the tank or the internal pressure hose to be the culprit.
I'm on it...
Hope you got spark plugs at auto zone. Even thought they may be good it would still be worthwhile to put some new ones in before tearing into the fuel system.
Definitely, pretty sure they got loaded up in the 45 minutes it took me to load it at the bottom of the ramp to the truck. Then another 45 minutes to get it off the truck and into the shed.
I'll grab a set tomorrow

did you reuse that plastic line?
If you need anything pm me and you can call
I have a 998 sitting in the corner on time out still
Lol
Parts

Start simple:
-Thaw it out in a warm garage
-check throttle cable adjustment for possible TORS issue
-ensure fuel pump is working by sound and pulling return line to ensure flow
-install new plugs
-check for restricted or pugged intake
-check all boost tubes are in place and intact especially to the turbo
-check vacuum lines to solenoids are intact and not full of oil or condensation
-check wires are connected still to solenoids

did you reuse that plastic line?
If you need anything pm me and you can call
I have a 998 sitting in the corner on time out still
Lol
Parts
No, I replaced with like. Maybe I didn't he shrink it good enough. Idk, just saying.
Maybe you should give me your address and throw that stuff at the end of your driveway. Hahaha....
Start simple:
-Thaw it out in a warm garage
-check throttle cable adjustment for possible TORS issue
-ensure fuel pump is working by sound and pulling return line to ensure flow
-install new plugs
-check for restricted or pugged intake
-check all boost tubes are in place and intact especially to the turbo
-check vacuum lines to solenoids are intact and not full of oil or condensation
-check wires are connected still to solenoids
Some good info, Bob... Ty

When you crank it over does it sound like it’s trying but won’t catch ?

IVe learned the hard way that some vendor used less than adequate fuel line for their pump upgrade and in short time they split. After the second occurrence I supplied my own fuel line on pump upgrades. This is where I’d start by doing visual on your fuel pump install as others have suggested. The sd26 code is puzzling though

Last edited:
Is it cold enough to be a frozen relay?

Sd 26 code I have had and cleared. Possibly caused by a lean condition on tuned sleds causing computer to register and overboost condition.

88083.jpeg

Let me know if you need any help and I’ll be back in il tomorrow afternoon
Have to leave n Wi to head south to the snow belt lol
I have a pump that’s the upgrade hurricane had on the bench and also a pefi pump upgrade on the bench in the housing

Last edited:
When you crank it over does it sound like it’s trying but won’t catch ?

IVe learned the hard way that some vendor used less than adequate fuel line for their pump upgrade and in short time they split. After the second occurrence I supplied my own fuel line on pump upgrades. This is where I’d start by doing visual on your fuel pump install as others have suggested. The sd26 code is puzzling though
Sd 26 code I have had and cleared. Possibly caused by a lean condition on tuned sleds causing computer to register and overboost condition.

View attachment 175033
NYTurbo, it turns over and starts immediately, but she'll die out if I don't try to keep pumping the throttle.
1NC, this is exactly what I've been thinking. Loss of fuel caused lean condition thus throwing lite on. 90% sure this to be true, for me. I'll know more tomorrow when I pull the return line and let her spit into a bucket for a bit.
I still think I should put a gauge on her just to see what's going on.
Is it cold enough to be a frozen relay?
32° today. Plus I have the better relays.

Let me know if you need any help and I’ll be back in il tomorrow afternoon
Have to leave n Wi to head south to the snow belt lol
I have a pump that’s the upgrade hurricane had on the bench and also a pefi pump upgrade on the bench in the housing
Storms getting bigger and bigger by the minute. So I'm thinking we're going to get at least 3" lol. Seriously I think we may get a good clip of snow on this one.
I'll keep ya posted.... Thanks, Josh

How full is the tank?
When you reinstall the pump and banana you have to make sure the pickups go to bottom of the tank and I always took it the fuel level sensor to make sure of this
I have a stock map sensor 3 and 4 bars also if you don’t find an issue in the fueling
I assume it’s there.

How full is the tank?
When you reinstall the pump and banana you have to make sure the pickups go to bottom of the tank and I always took it the fuel level sensor to make sure of this
I have a stock map sensor 3 and 4 bars also if you don’t find an issue in the fueling
I assume it’s there.
Fuel lite came on traversing the 45° angle on the ramp. So I thought the same (low fuel) I added 2 gallons, no change.
I'll go through the fuel system tomorrow. And will consider a three-bar map, as I know they've been up and down as to whether they work or not. Idk.
The fuel pump comes on and the sled will start. Just can't get enough fuel to move it. That's why I'm thinking either pump or fuel line (above pump )installed incorrectly.

You could plumb in a guage on the exit of the fuel rail.
I'm just going to buy (if needed) the gauge from harbor freight and then plug it right into the top of the pump.
The gauge from harbor freight has a bleed off to allow fuel to keep moving.
I'm sure I can make something but it's only $32.

Back