• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

She laid over....

Sounds like a fueling issue to me. I'd swap back to your stock pump and see if the problem goes away. If it doesn't you can eliminate the pump.
Derek,
With the lack of a Schrader valve is there no way to test fuel pressure, to diagnose ?

Pull supply hose off at tank and slide on a rubber hose, put end in can and turn key on. Should come out fast.
I'm on that. Lol. I'll keep ya posted. Too bad I can't make a makeshift gauge to put on it. And that would explore specific numbers.
I'm 70% sure we're all on the same page.
Then there's the matter of the code sd26?!?! Hmmm.... Let me go to AutoZone in the morning and see what I can build. Lol...
Tim, I'll do as you say first. I'll let you know.

Pull supply hose off at tank and slide on a rubber hose, put end in can and turn key on. Should come out fast.
There's something to that. I recently had a 2018 Honda ATV with poor starting. Put fuel pressure guage on and the pressure was correct. Put fuel hose into empty can and turn ignition on, there was no volume. New fuel pump cured it.

Could be pump or perhaps knappattack is correct, in that the heat shrink flexible fuel line split, came off, etc.
But I will say it is made for e85 high pressure, turbo applications.
Possibly I didn't heat it up enough. And while I couldn't just pull it off by hand, maybe it's leaking around it still.
Note: Harbor freight has a gauge for $32. And it has the bleed off.

Knappattack, ngk cr8eix?

You can use whatever plug you want, but I use NGK CR9EK dual ground electrode plugs myself. They are dual ground electrode plugs and one step colder than stock plugs.

Could be pump or perhaps knappattack is correct, in that the heat shrink flexible fuel line split, came off, etc.
But I will say it is made for e85 high pressure, turbo applications.
Possibly I didn't heat it up enough. And while I couldn't just pull it off by hand, maybe it's leaking around it still.
Note: Harbor freight has a gauge for $32. And it has the bleed off.

If you can hear the pump working key on, but engine off, I suspect the pickups in the tank or the internal pressure hose to be the culprit.

Hope you got spark plugs at auto zone. Even thought they may be good it would still be worthwhile to put some new ones in before tearing into the fuel system.

Back