• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Shootout

With that much lift I've got to ask how in the world that sled is going to get around corners, something my 2020 T-Cat excels at? Is that skid coupled at all? or did they set it up like that from the crate and just blow the setup?

t appears that the Tcat "slowed down" the most from 500 to 660 feet both in mph and ET's. I assume that once the skis were settled down onto the DIRT, the heavier front end of the Cat hampered it's performance. Don't they weigh and Dyno them at this event? Used to. Does anyone have the weights and dyno numbers? Would be nice to see the dyno numbers compared - same dyno, same day. Perhaps we have to wait for the magazine to come out?

t appears that the Tcat "slowed down" the most from 500 to 660 feet both in mph and ET's. I assume that once the skis were settled down onto the DIRT, the heavier front end of the Cat hampered it's performance. Don't they weigh and Dyno them at this event? Used to. Does anyone have the weights and dyno numbers? Would be nice to see the dyno numbers compared - same dyno, same day. Perhaps we have to wait for the magazine to come out?
Shootout-turbo-final.JPG

This was from the 2020 sleds. The times are not that far off for the TCAT from this year, but look what happens once it its the 660 mark. The 60 foot was the big difference, but I am chalking that up to the warm weather.

Typical Ski-Doo stuff. They can't keep the front end down. Thats why I love the Winder. It handles and keeps the skis down like it should! Still trying to figure out why some people want more ski lift from their winders, I've never understood why anyone would want it to wheelie like the Doo does.

As I see it there. The T-Cat is 1.5-2 tenths faster to 660. Thats a lot more than I figured it'd be stock for stock and a big win for the 998 stockers. I honestly thought the Mach would take the box stock win. Put them on snow or ice and the beating would be even worse for the Doo. The ski drag on dirt is huge for the heavier front end of the 998.

Boy the guys on Dootalk are pretty sensitive!
Now what's wrong, They crying foul? We could to. I honestly put zero weight into this shootout, regardless of it's outcome.
Fact is...no two sleds are equal. Maybe skidoo brought a wringer, or vice versa.
What I see over in the Doo groups is a lot of dreamers, no offense. Great sled, BTW.

Just watched some of the video. How can a sled that pulls a 3-foot wheelie for 200 ft not be faster....?
Even the commentator reaction was whoah WOW !!
LOL
The only reason why the announcer yelled Woah, wow is it looked cool. LOL Although it helps by hanging the skis just off the ground to reduce ski drag especially with having no snow, watch the video and see exactly how much track is touching the ground with the Mach Z when it’s standing up. My guess would be about 8” of track to propel the big Mach down the track. It was spinning like crazy. The Slide action suspension was doing exactly what the rear skid was designed to do and that is to keep as much track on the ground when accelerating. I’d rather have all the track on the ground during accelerating rather than just 8 inches. I currently have a Skidoo 900T and I’m waiting for the ‘22 T-cat with EPS and I was impressed with how controlled the Thundercat was from start to finish. I truly looking forward to the big cat and If I like it that much i’ll sell the Skidoo and get another Cat with EPS.
I’d like to see Yamaha release the EPS on the SRX for MY23 then I can have a T-Cat and a SRX with power steering..

You guys have nothing to worry about. My modded NA Viper has taken more wins than losses up to 80mph and probably about 600ft against stock Winders and T Cats then it’s all over. I get passed like I am standing still. Sure looks like that’s what is going on here. Tuned Windèr it’s a massacre even with crappy traction.

They said because of Track conditions yesterday they limited the two big turbos to 660ft.
Maybe... Half of me thinks, it was to help the Mach out. The times would be closer at 660feet and would show a closer race between the TCAT and 900R. Maybe they needed more shut down, than the 600 and 850's that actually did run in the 1000ft? Someone indicated they needed more cooling, but I am not buying that. If the 900R wheelies like that in stock form, then that sled is going to lose a lot of races. The TCAT in the first run beat the times of the Doo in the stock run and dealer prep run. I am still thinking they changed the suspension to have full un-coupling and that is why it wheelied.

Last edited:
I have seen pictures of the studded ski doo.
Was the t cat studded?

I have seen pictures of the studded ski doo.
Was the t cat studded?
They were all studded.

I definitely know the 3 cats were.
Cooks Recreation posted this photo a couple days before the shootout.

Looks like the T-cat and the ZR8000 both had 196 and the ZR6000 Ltd had 144

Attachments

• 709B1F66-1D46-4F18-8B49-E4DD8BC9A0FB.jpeg
    709B1F66-1D46-4F18-8B49-E4DD8BC9A0FB.jpeg
    208.2 KB · Views: 90

Back