• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder in Gaspe

Wow....impressive! We are in the middle of trying to plan for march break week(next week) and were all set on Val-d'or since its close to here,but now not sure....rain and mild yesterday may have put a damper on the minty trails, and lots of sun/cold only in forecast so things might be too tight, scratchers a must likely.

Now looking to the east more, as there is a storm(noreaster) in the models for next tues/wed and that may be perfect timing if we go east. But V-dor is only 5 hrs from here, while Gaspe is 11 ish! grrrr..

Dan

We were planning over the weekend for the same area but could not get the accommodations setup because of no vacancy so we are now heading to the Lac St Jean area tomorrow after work for the weekend... Still have great snow coverage and accommodations were easy to find!!

Hey guys I'm on chicoutimi right now until Saturday. Just finished raining today. But the trails are mint. Lots of snow up here. We are staying at hotel sagueneey

Wow....impressive! We are in the middle of trying to plan for march break week(next week) and were all set on Val-d'or since its close to here,but now not sure....rain and mild yesterday may have put a damper on the minty trails, and lots of sun/cold only in forecast so things might be too tight, scratchers a must likely.

Now looking to the east more, as there is a storm(noreaster) in the models for next tues/wed and that may be perfect timing if we go east. But V-dor is only 5 hrs from here, while Gaspe is 11 ish! grrrr..

Dan
I hear you Dan. I took a chance with our trip to the Gaspe as they had a few days of rain and high temps just days before we went. I was literally laying on the couch Sat afternoon when my Wife told me she was packing and that the sleds better be ready. That's when I hit the internet and made all the reservations loaded the sleds and off we went. If it wasn't for my Wife I never would have bought my Winder and I wouldn't have gone to Gaspe for what turned out to be an amazing trip. I'm learning that life is way too short to let opportunities get away. Make sure you go somewhere and have some fun. You will have all Summer to work and pay for it along with your new Winder. I'm excited for you and I can't wait to see what you order!

I hear you Dan. I took a chance with our trip to the Gaspe as they had a few days of rain and high temps just days before we went. I was literally laying on the couch Sat afternoon when my Wife told me she was packing and that the sleds better be ready. That's when I hit the internet and made all the reservations loaded the sleds and off we went. If it wasn't for my Wife I never would have bought my Winder and I wouldn't have gone to Gaspe for what turned out to be an amazing trip. I'm learning that life is way too short to let opportunities get away. Make sure you go somewhere and have some fun. You will have all Summer to work and pay for it along with your new Winder. I'm excited for you and I can't wait to see what you order!
So true bud!

I just booked us for the trip for next week, got the last few rooms for the gang of us and man we are excited!...Talked to many people who advised me on things and so its gonna be fun!

Dan

So true bud!

I just booked us for the trip for next week, got the last few rooms for the gang of us and man we are excited!...Talked to many people who advised me on things and so its gonna be fun!

Dan
Where you going?

My kind of women. Does she happen to have an identical, single twin sister ?
And don,t forget the picture of her reading to-days paper. LOL

We were in Quebec last weekend. Swisha to Rouyn Noranda, Matagami and back past Val D'or to Swisha. 99% of the trails were amazing. 1450 km in 4 days. Was cold though, -31C in Matagami in the morning and -34C in Laverandie outfitters in the morning. Bought a higher windshield for next years Quebec trip as my low windshield just did not cut it.

We were planning over the weekend for the same area but could not get the accommodations setup because of no vacancy so we are now heading to the Lac St Jean area tomorrow after work for the weekend... Still have great snow coverage and accommodations were easy to find!!

Hey guys I'm on chicoutimi right now until Saturday. Just finished raining today. But the trails are mint. Lots of snow up here. We are staying at hotel sagueneey

We ended up changing out plans from Val-d'Or , to east.....

Just got back from Chicoutimi, Lac Saint-Jean, Monts-Valin, Saguenay regions..wow!

I just put together a video of the entire trip! Dont forget to choose 720p Hi Def setting!(minimum)

Dan

Great video only problem besides killing my battery I didn't see any Yamahas !!!

Wow awesome video Dan... Glad you had a great trip... I've been there a few times it's quite the experience...

Gees sorry guys....I totally forgot to say I did not take the 1200 as its for sale and miles are staying low for next owner. We were able to get a new XCR as a demo sled to take with us. So that is what I rode. And being a shorty(121) it was a real handful in that deep powder. Fun sled but I missed my 1200 for sure. All my clothes smell like 2s oil, man those poos are hard on fuel and oil compared to the 850 we had, but the 900ace was king for sure in MPG and zero oil....I had a couple hours prior to trip to swap over my GPS to the Poo for trip so we did not get lost.

Found out later we could have taken a new SW on the trip! The Mag writer who let us take it had many sleds we could have taken....Poo would have been my last choice had I known. I would have loved to ride a SW in that deep powder to see how she does.

Dan

Gees sorry guys....I totally forgot to say I did not take the 1200 as its for sale and miles are staying low for next owner. We were able to get a new XCR as a demo sled to take with us. So that is what I rode. And being a shorty(121) it was a real handful in that deep powder. Fun sled but I missed my 1200 for sure. All my clothes smell like 2s oil, man those poos are hard on fuel and oil compared to the 850 we had, but the 900ace was king for sure in MPG and zero oil....I had a couple hours prior to trip to swap over my GPS to the Poo for trip so we did not get lost.

Found out later we could have taken a new SW on the trip! The Mag writer who let us take it had many sleds we could have taken....Poo would have been my last choice had I known. I would have loved to ride a SW in that deep powder to see how she does.

Dan
You would have looked like the Snow Train with the stk turner skis on trying to riding in deep snow .AND,don't get it stuck .

Back