• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinders over the years

Credit Yamaha with a photo of my new ride. Had a SRX on order but didnt come in till Feb of this spring, then I found out the LE came with the Kashima coated QS3R's back on the LE's and knew I had to have the LE instead. Sure wished it would snow so I could ride the dang thing, at least this way I can look at it in the snow......

View attachment 174937
I really like this colour combo.

I really like this colour combo.

Ya me too, I didn't like the blue at first after having the 17 LE in Red, but its grown on me and I now like it, the 23 production model LE also came with blue skis and of course the ever so nice Kashima coated QS3R's which was more important to me, also the taller riser vs the shorter SRX riser which I would have swapped out for the taller one anyway. I rode my buds with the short riser and didnt like it. He too swapped out for the taller one and a 1.25" Rip2 vs the stock SRX worthless 1" track for trail use in our area.

Ya me too, I didn't like the blue at first after having the 17 LE in Red, but its grown on me and I now like it, the 23 production model LE also came with blue skis and of course the ever so nice Kashima coated QS3R's which was more important to me, also the taller riser vs the shorter SRX riser which I would have swapped out for the taller one anyway. I rode my buds with the short riser and didnt like it. He too swapped out for the taller one and a 1.25" Rip2 vs the stock SRX worthless 1" track for trail use in our area.
Those kashima coated shocks are well worth the price of admission!!

Credit Yamaha with a photo of my new ride. Had a SRX on order but didnt come in till Feb of this spring, then I found out the LE came with the Kashima coated QS3R's back on the LE's and knew I had to have the LE instead. Sure wished it would snow so I could ride the dang thing, at least this way I can look at it in the snow......

View attachment 174937
I’m still sour about the le coming with the qs3r’s. I got a SRX and my 17 ltx le rode way better. I just had cannondale revalve the rears and I sprung it but need snow to test.

2017 137" LTX SE
She definitely doesn't make supermodel status, probably the oldest dog in the Ty fleet. Man date July '16
IMG_20161204_142145607-640x380~2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really into this color scheme. Yamaha did a fantastic job with it. Congratulations
I love the looks too, just wish it had qs3r’r with IQs and 1 1/2” track. That would be a great sled!!!

I’m still sour about the le coming with the qs3r’s. I got a SRX and my 17 ltx le rode way better. I just had cannondale revalve the rears and I sprung it but need snow to test.

Yes, the 17 LE rides awesome for sure. As much as I loved it, the 23 LE rides even better and the EPS of course makes it an even better sled. I did get a chance to put 60 miles on it this spring and It is softer than even the 17 was, I may have to run the rear shock on #2 I'm thinking. The 17 set on #2 was too stiff for me. I always ran it on #1 before. The 23 is great there at slower speeds, but now with the tune in the ECU its going to need cranked up. In Yamahas marketing, the LE was only going to come with the std QS3's, then I found out that it was actually coming with the Kashima coated QS3R's installed I was quite surprised. Hopefully you can get your desired ride for the SRX. I don't know why they dont put the QS3R's on the SRX.

Back