• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Silverstar light bulbs

cw xtx 1.75

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 Yamaha Nytro xtx 1.75
Has anyone tried these light bulbs instead of doing a full HID swap ?

i think im going to try led h4's. will have less elecrical load than halogens and should be about twice as bright. no HID but no extra wiring or crap floating around under the hood

Snobird888 , do you have a link for the led h4 bulbs ?

LEDs still need a box to step down the voltage to usable levels. Lights with that board built on the back have proven to be sketchy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do the silverstars take a lot more power to run ?

I purchased my HID's for $76 Canadian, shipped to my door.plug and play, only extra wire would be from lights to ballast. They are 300% brighter.mthe best mid I have done to my sled by far. I have silver stars in my truck, and ey are brighter, but cost the same or more than my HID's and are no where near as bright.

I purchased my HID's for $76 Canadian, shipped to my door.plug and play, only extra wire would be from lights to ballast. They are 300% brighter.mthe best mid I have done to my sled by far. I have silver stars in my truck, and ey are brighter, but cost the same or more than my HID's and are no where near as bright.
Just wondering what HID kit you bought and from where? I'm very interested.

Do the silverstars take a lot more power to run ?

No, if the wattage ratings are the same they have the same current draw. What silver stars do is use a different gas blend to change the kelvin rating of the light so it's a hotter white initially. Give them 6 months they'll look the same as a brand new regular halogen.

Hella is the brand of off road halogens I used to buy that had true 85/120W ratings in my trucks, make silver stars look like toys but holy sheet did they melt wiring unless you did a relay wiring harness with 10 gauge wires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wondering what HID kit you bought and from where? I'm very interested.
Ddm tuning. With our dollar where it is it'll be a little more, but still worth it. If you night ride at all, HID lights are the way to go. My first season with stock lighting I was basically driving blind after dark. Terrible lights compared to the ski-doo's I've owned in the past.

Another vote for DDM...Essential mod if you ride at night.

I installed the DDM last year and had no complaints with them at all. I got mine delivered for $94.00 but it took several weeks to receive them. I had another brand for 2 years prior and had issues and paid way more for them.

So on DDM, go under HID all the way on the left up top, in the drop down pick the top selection HID Kit, go right and pick the bottom DDM HID Kit
You need:
35W or add $10 and get the 55W ballast upgrade
H4 Kit, Just lo if you like, Hi/Low kit adds $20. I'd spend the $20
Bulb Color, here we get arguments back and forth, but I'd suggest a 4500 or 5k good blend of distance and brightness
No brackets needed (I'm shooting a video of the Rock HID kit tonight, be out soon)
HID Harness, if you do the 55w I'd probably get the dual kit and play it safe, adds $15
Error corrector, Not needed
Adapter cables, Not needed

So I full boated your install, 4500K 55W, Hi/lo H4 kit, Dual Relay harness and it was $74.95. 35W kit with high low, no relay harness was $49.95

Last edited:

Back