• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Simmon ski on xtx how do they work

bluegrass

Extreme
How do the simmon ski work on a xtx I do a lot of trail riding not much off trail.i put a set of pilot ski on it and not sure i like them so I might try a set of simmon ski

Skip the Simmons skis. The carbides are mounted on the outside of the ski so when you make a turn they actual lift the sled creating heavy steering. The best trail ski for the Nytro is Curves.

I would certainly consider calling Scott at Bergstrom Skegs. Discuss your riding technique and purchase a set of his triple carbides. I have them installed on my XTX and Venture and will tell you first hand that it feels like you're riding on railroad tracks. Just an incredible carbide in my opinion and you'll find the same comment will come from others who use his carbide.

Hope this helps.

www.bergstromskegs.com
Scott: 815.654.2950

I don't drive on trail at all but I really like my Gen 3 Simmons. The only issue I have is that putting an 8" skis on your sled limits your trailer options. They do increase steering effort in the trees but it is a good trade off on their off trail benefits.

I run the simmons skis on my 08 fx and love them. I have run the curve skis and didn't them.

hendihoo said:
I run the simmons skis on my 08 fx and love them. I have run the curve skis and didn't them.

Welcome to TY - Interesting first post! From cross country racers to weekend warriors, I have heard only positive feedback from those switching off other ski brands to Curve.

So as not to hijack this thread, PM us if you get a minute, I'd love to hear more about your experience with Curve Industries.

- Sean

i love my simmons gen 2 skis the only thing that keeps the sled up... in the turns there weicket and best thing i had on her. im after trying c & a sley dog and stock skis they were all useless, but the simmons are the best. to elimanate the ski lifting unhook the sway bar and she wount lift the skis.

Installed Tuners with 4/0 last weekend and they made a night and day difference in handling on the trail over stockers. They floated well too as yhey are 1" wider than stock Yamaha skis. I too have Simmons Gen 11 skis but have yet to try them as I wanted yo try out the Tuners first. Been using stockers for last 3 yrs. We were in 3'of powder and Tuners broke trail no problem....although Im certain the Simmons would be better in the deep snow. Happy w the Tuners as of now.

Back