• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski-doo pilots

antpal22

Extreme
Hey guy's

Some of the the specialty shops ( Hygear & Pioneer ) are saying that after testing , the ski-doo pilot skis actually performed better ( for the Nytro ) than most other skis because of there less aggressive style and ease in turning

So I"m gonna give em a try , are the pilot 6.9 's the ones to get or stick with the 5.7's

Thanks !!!

i have a set of 6.9's on my XTX did my first 200 miles yesterday and today they felt good in the turns and pretty good in 30" inchs of fresh powder off trail

I used the pilot 5.7 skis and bought them off eBay for about 120. Slydog rubbers are a perfect fit and cost about 20. The pilot 5.7 are great for trail riding but not sure about powder. I have little to no darting and very easy steering much better than stock.

I used the pilot 5.7 skis and bought them off eBay for about 120. Slydog rubbers are a perfect fit and cost about 20. The pilot 5.7 are great for trail riding but not sure about powder. I have little to no darting and very easy steering much better than stock.

do a search on these, this has been covered w/ numerous replies. the 5.7's are a great trail ski, but not an off trail ski. they rail on a groomed trail, but push like a shopping cart in the powder

do a search on these, this has been covered w/ numerous replies. the 5.7's are a great trail ski, but not an off trail ski. they rail on a groomed trail, but push like a shopping cart in the powder

Even though sled-freak has already seconded his motion, I third it.

They are fantastic on the trails, but don't float worth a damn in the soft stuff.

I'm considering the move to 6.9's, but am also considering C&A XTX.

I've put on the Pilot 6.9s but don't really have the trails yet to give it a fair review. They seem to have more bite than the Slydogs I had on earlier.

I use both 6.9 pilots and C&A pro XTs on my Apex. If you like to go off trail in the fluff, definitely go with a wider ski since they compliment a heavier front end. The Pilots are good for the hard packed trails since they require less effort to turn, but they do push allot on soft trails if you like to ride aggressive. Can’t beat the C&A’s for turning ability, but do require more effort to turn. To do it again I would try the XTX. The Pilots are just hanging on the wall for now.

Dan

Goddo said:
Even though sled-freak has already seconded his motion, I third it.

They are fantastic on the trails, but don't float worth a damn in the soft stuff.

I'm considering the move to 6.9's, but am also considering C&A XTX.
woopsie

Back