• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

slide removal

michael432

Extreme
ok. went to change the slides on my 09 nytro xtx. they will not budge. i removed the screws. loosened the track. ive tried a hammer and chisel and also tried an air chisel with a point. no luck. the temp here is around 62, would warming them up help. any advice would be appreciated. thanks

I use a drill and put a long wood screw like 3 inch (Being careful and keeping screw in the plastic) in the rear of the slide. Then spray down slide and rubber track window with wd 40. Then use a curverd claw hammer pry agaist the track. Works great!! Just make sure front screws are out and be careful putting them back in easy to cross tread!!

If you haven't removed the skid in a year or more it's worth it to inspect and make sure everything's in good shape. But if you don't want to here's what I do:

Lift the rear of the sled and rotate the track so the windows are lined up with the hyfax. Remove the screws from the front of the hyfax and use a blade screwdriver to move them back 1-2 inches. Take your NEW slide and insert in into the hole sideways. It will fit this way, but not positioned horizontally. Rotate the slide in the hole and it will stretch it out. Now use a chisel or something like it and a hammer and bang it out from the front. If you butt the old slide up against the new one, it should follow it out with a little wiggling.

If you've never had the skid out, I would suggest to remove it. It's 4 bolts holding it in there, loosen up the track and hoist up the rear of the sled and snake it out of there. Also let down your torsion springs, much easier to deal with the skid removal and install.

You can also put a pipe wrench on the slides and peel them off the rail. Is pretty easy and way nicer then removing the skid

thanks guys. finally got them out using hammer and chisel and then used reverse to peel them off, i think pulling skid would be easier.

Drive the slide out through the window about 6 inches. Start the sled and run it in reverse. It will peel the slide off the rail. Install new slide. Do one at a time. Do not peel both off at the same time.

Back